AutoCAD Electrical General

Distinguished Contributor
CAD-ICE
Message 1 of 4 (142 Views)

Problem opening database file or doesn´t exist...

142 Views, 3 Replies
01-03-2013 07:53 AM

Hello everyone and happy new year 2013!

Ever since upgrading from ACADE2012 to ACADE2013 I have had numerious problems with the database handling of the software. I´m not sure what´s causing this behaviour and would like to know if some of you guy´s are experiencing something similar. I´m working on a 32 bit system running on Window´s XP.

Thank´s in advance.

Regards, Gary

*Expert Elite*
testsubject
Message 2 of 4 (139 Views)

Re: Problem opening database file or doesn´t exist...

01-03-2013 08:01 AM in reply to: CAD-ICE

Gary,

Sorry you are having trouble. I do not have any answer for you; just wanted to say I have been using 2013 for about 6 months with Windows 7 64 bit without seeing that problem.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
*Expert Elite*
rhesusminus
Message 3 of 4 (109 Views)

01-14-2013 10:30 PM in reply to: CAD-ICE

Hi Gary.

I've had to reinstall AcadE 2013 twice since September.

My problem is that for some reason, the catalog database i flagged "read-only", so I'm unable to save new data to the databse via AcadE. Doing it in Access works fine :smileyhappy: The MDB-file is NOT flagged read-only anywhere else...

But, this I could live with.

I had to reinstall because the lookup-button made AcadE hang.... 

Re-installed, and copied the catalog-mdb back... everything works fine again...

THL
Please select "Accept As Solution" if this post answers your question. Kudos don't hurt either. ;-)
Distinguished Contributor
CAD-ICE
Message 4 of 4 (92 Views)

01-16-2013 09:08 AM in reply to: rhesusminus

Thank´s Rhesusminus!

I´m not experiencing the database flagging read only on the catalog database but than´s for contributing to this post anyway. Always good to get feedback from users with similar problems...neve know if it comes handy one day :smileyhappy:

Regards, Gary

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community