AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem opening database file or doesn´t exist...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
CAD-ICE
429 Views, 3 Replies

Problem opening database file or doesn´t exist...

Hello everyone and happy new year 2013!

Ever since upgrading from ACADE2012 to ACADE2013 I have had numerious problems with the database handling of the software. I´m not sure what´s causing this behaviour and would like to know if some of you guy´s are experiencing something similar. I´m working on a 32 bit system running on Window´s XP.

Thank´s in advance.

Regards, Gary

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
testsubject
in reply to: CAD-ICE

Gary,

Sorry you are having trouble. I do not have any answer for you; just wanted to say I have been using 2013 for about 6 months with Windows 7 64 bit without seeing that problem.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 4
rhesusminus
in reply to: CAD-ICE

Hi Gary.

I've had to reinstall AcadE 2013 twice since September.

My problem is that for some reason, the catalog database i flagged "read-only", so I'm unable to save new data to the databse via AcadE. Doing it in Access works fine 🙂 The MDB-file is NOT flagged read-only anywhere else...

But, this I could live with.

I had to reinstall because the lookup-button made AcadE hang.... 

Re-installed, and copied the catalog-mdb back... everything works fine again...

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 4 of 4
CAD-ICE
in reply to: rhesusminus

Thank´s Rhesusminus!

I´m not experiencing the database flagging read only on the catalog database but than´s for contributing to this post anyway. Always good to get feedback from users with similar problems...neve know if it comes handy one day Smiley Happy

Regards, Gary

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost