AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Distribution Block

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jhedstrom
5267 Views, 3 Replies

Power Distribution Block

Hello,

I have a power distribution block (AB 1492-PB3183, 1 input to 8 outputs 3-phase) that I would like to represent schematically.  I have the footprint, but am unsure how to draw it on the schematic to show the individual terminals.  I know about the jumper wire technique to tie terminals together, just need some assistance applying it to this type of terminal block.  I have attached a picture of part of my drawing showing 2 out of 7 drives connected to this block.  The TB3 block was my initial attempt at power distribution...

Thanks,

Jon

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pbarkholz
in reply to: jhedstrom

Jon,

Attached is a block I created for our company, hopefully this is what you are looking for.  If not exactly what you are looking for just rework it for your needs.

Best regards,

Paul E. Barkholz

Paul E. Barkholz
Message 3 of 4
dougmcalexander
in reply to: jhedstrom

Jon, I insert individual terminal symbols in the schematic, one for each connection on the power distribution block. Connect between these with a wire layer named JumperBar. This will be ignored from the wire list but will pass the wire number along. Use source and destinatipn arrows to continue the JumperBar on the next drawing(s) Only assign catalog data to the first terminal you insert into the schematic.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 4 of 4
jhedstrom
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Paul/Doug,

I think I will use the jumper bar method since it is basically a line drawing and not a point-to-point.  Either way, I appreciate the response.  I had almost given up on this post...

Thanks

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost