AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Check Tools

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
testsubject
401 Views, 2 Replies

Power Check Tools

Have there been any improvements to this yet?

I have been able to embed the Source and Load XDATA values into my existing symbols but am having trouble with the Pass Component XDATA. That appears to be tied to the block after insertion.

Has anyone come up with a way to embed this in the symbol drawing??

Also, the Pass Component appears to only work if the symbol has only two terminals. Is this correct? I have developed a symbol with 6 terminals and the Pass Component does not work.

Thanks,

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
testsubject
in reply to: testsubject

Upon further research, it appears that the Power Check does not folllow Source/Destination arrows from page to page.

In the WDDEMO project, I set up sources on Page 2 and then set up loads on Page 3 and these loads where not counted during the Load Check Report but the loads on Page 2 were.

I am using 2013 so maybe it used to work.

I am a bit dissapointed. This feature would have been really useful in circuit design. A pity. Looking back, this feature has been in the product since 2005 and it still does not work effectively.

Someone really dropped the ball on this one...

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 3

Hi,

This function struggles with 3 phase non symmetrical loads or as you mentioned following the circuitry but in my example it does not even follow wiring on one page. It must be a problem with passing of the power/signal through devices or child components or issue with pass power flags.

Also it is problematic to check power of dc circuits especially containing PLC with I/O modules

Not many people are interested in this subject and issues are pretty obvious. Is it better to avoid this function within acad.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost