AutoCAD Electrical General

Contributor
shades234
Message 1 of 2 (108 Views)

Portuguese characters in text fields

108 Views, 1 Replies
06-21-2013 08:32 AM

I am using the US/Englis version Of Electrical 13.  A customer wants some nameplates to be in Portuguese.  How would i go about adding the special characters used in the Portuguese language?

Do I need to install the language pack?  or would that be a font only thing?

Thanks

ramhider
Message 2 of 2 (77 Views)

Re: Portuguese characters in text fields

06-25-2013 09:45 AM in reply to: shades234

I also had to do some Portuguese characters.  I don't know any Portuguese, so trusty Google Translator provided translations including the special characters.  I was able to copy and paste the text directly into the Edit Component window, and Autocad even keeps the special characters when converting to uppercase.  I didn't need any language packs or fonts, it just works.  I guess the only other way to get the characters is from the Windows charachter map one at a time.

Good luck.

Untitled.png

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community