AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point to Point with multiple harnesses

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
AScorgie
462 Views, 1 Reply

Point to Point with multiple harnesses

I have a ACAD 2000 harness schematic/diagram that i'm translating into ACADE 2012 as an excersize. In the attachment the complete harness assembly is shown. I would like to break it into multiple harness drawings that could be linked together parametrically. The problem that I forsee is that if some of the simpler harnesses that connect to the main harness are used multiple times or are used in other cable assemblies, how would ACADE handle this?

I thought of using a basic block diagram that would callout the connector tags as a top level drawing for service use but to reuse cable assemblies, I think the diagram would have to be "dumb".

Thanks,

Andrew

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dougmcalexander
in reply to: AScorgie

At first glance I think I would suggest using the fan-in/fan-out option.  It is a variation of the source and destination arrows that allows you to sum wires or cable cores into one line and split them out again on the other end.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost