AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point to Point Wireless Wiring Diagram

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2199 Views, 5 Replies

Point to Point Wireless Wiring Diagram

Is there a way to create a Point to Point wireless wiring diagram in Acad Electrical? Typically we have the scehmatic drawing that shows all terminals and connections represented on the panel wiring diagram. On the panel wiring diagram we use a wireless version that is represented by text (ex. at terminal AA1 - NB2 and at terminal NB2 - AA1). Is there a way to automate this to use this for checking?

See .pdf for example

Any input will be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Icemanau
in reply to: Anonymous

Under the Panel tab, there should be a tool to annotate the components with the wire numbers.

IF you have the footprints set up to shwo the wire numbers, ACADE will then go through and populate those attributes with the correct wire numbers.

Without the attributes in the footprints, ACADE will add MTEXT listing the terminals and wire information.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Icemanau

Thanks for that info! I think I would need the footprints to be setup to show wire numbers rather than just MTEXT to be able to use the wire check to make sure both drawings match wire connections. With this process would I start with the Schematic or the WD to create the footprints?

My company is in the testing phase to see if this product would benifit us in our design process. I am new to ACADE and have had limited exposure to the program so if you have any examples of how to step through the process you suggested that info would be very helpful. I am running a trial version of ACADE 2013 at the present time and the training I had was in ACADE 2014, dont know if there are any major difference between the two in respect to this subject or not.

thanks!

Message 4 of 6
drathak

@Anonymous. wrote:

Thanks for that info! I think I would need the footprints to be setup to show wire numbers rather than just MTEXT to be able to use the wire check to make sure both drawings match wire connections. With this process would I start with the Schematic or the WD to create the footprints?

My company is in the testing phase to see if this product would benifit us in our design process. I am new to ACADE and have had limited exposure to the program so if you have any examples of how to step through the process you suggested that info would be very helpful. I am running a trial version of ACADE 2013 at the present time and the training I had was in ACADE 2014, dont know if there are any major difference between the two in respect to this subject or not.

thanks!

You will need to create the footprints by adding the wiring attributes to your existing symbol.  I went the other route and am using the MText to add wiring.  The reason being that for relays like that it would take a while to add all the attributes plus we don't want the unused ones taking up space.  I am attaching an example of how mine look.

Also, your 12 point terminal blocks can be automated as well, but there are some hiccups with ACADE not being built for that.  (It presumes you will be building terminal strips from individual terminals rather than multi-point blocks like we use in the power industry.  I am attaching an example of those as well.  (The fan in cables are something we've manually added for our wiring crews.)

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
Message 5 of 6
Icemanau

As Drathak mentioned, you are better of editing your existing footprints and adding the wire no attributes to those blocks.

I've attached several blocks that I created using the wire no attributes so you can get an idea on how they work.

One footprint is for a Crompton TALW transducer unit.

The 11 pin relay base should be self explantory and would fit any number of 11 pin relays

The earth bar should also be self explantory, but I also created a child earth symbol to tie to a parent. Each of these earth symbols have a terminal assigned which then ties back to the footprint.

When inserted, ACADE will move the attributes to the appropriate layers and uses the PWIRE layer for the wire numbers.

If there are no wire connected to a terminal, then a wire number doesn't show on the dwg.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Icemanau

Thanks to the two of you for your input and examples! I will keep on digging into this and learning as I go.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost