AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting with lineweight settings...

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
CAD-ICE
535 Views, 11 Replies

Plotting with lineweight settings...

Hi there.

I´m having trouble plotting wires so that the lineweight follows the actual setting in the "Create/Edit Wire Type" dialog box.

Seem´s like the lineweight setting does not affect when I plot. Am I missing something here ?

Thank´s in advance.

Regards, Gary

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
KevinLi-Autodesk
in reply to: CAD-ICE

Hi,

What your Autocad Electrical version ?

Do you run some inserting Source/Destination fucntion before plot ? If that is case and your version is Autocad Electrical 2010 Update 1, try to apply the hotfix from here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=16930293&linkID=9240738  on your AutoCAD® Electrical 2010 Update 1 to check if it can fix your problem.

Reminder: please back up your original file before apply the hotfix.

Regards,

Kevin Li

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Design, Lifecycle and Simulation Product Group
Direct: +86 21 2039 6025
Email: Hongyuan.Li@autodesk.com
Autodesk, Inc.
NO. 130, Lane 91, E Shan Rd
Building 12, Floor 6,
Shanghai 200127, PRC
www.autodesk.com
Message 3 of 12
CAD-ICE
in reply to: KevinLi-Autodesk

Hello Kevin and thanks for your input.

I´m usingi ACADE2011.

Any other suggestions regarding the plot setup or something else?

Regards, Gary

Message 4 of 12
ltuk

Gary,

I think you have to go into Tools\Options\ Plot and publish tab\Plot Style Table Settings\Add or Edit Plot Style Tables.  Select the Plot Style table you use to plot (I use monochrome.ctb), double click on it then pick Form View.  Find the colour you have allocated to your wire type and edit the lineweight.  Like I said "I think".

Regards,

Steve Lumb

Message 5 of 12
CAD-ICE
in reply to: ltuk

Hello Steve and thanks for the hint.

I would though think that the lineweight setting defined in the "Create/Edit Wire Type" would be used directly without having to re define lineweight setting in a plot Style Table...doesn´t seem logical to my opinion but maybe this is the way forward??

Thank´s again for your input.

Regards, Gary 

Message 6 of 12
btackes

The plot style you are using must have the lineweight for the color of your wire set to use object lineweight otherwise it uses the plot styles lineweight.

Message 7 of 12
btackes
in reply to: btackes

The Monochrome plotstyle prints all colors black and uses the linewieght of the object.

Message 8 of 12
Icemanau
in reply to: btackes

I set the lineweight via the Layer Properties. Then all I do is set the CTB to plot the lineweight by the layer. This allows me to set a certain lineweight for things like text and the border without having to go through the ctb and set it by colour.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 12
CAD-ICE
in reply to: Icemanau

Dear Brad,

thank´s for your much appreciated reply. When you set the lineweight via the layer properties are you doing this through the "Create/Edit Wire Type" command window or just in the "Layer properties" window?

How/where do you set the CTB to plot the lineweight by the layer ?

Thank´s again for your support.

Regards, Gary

Message 10 of 12
Icemanau

I set the lineweight in the layer properties dialog. I left the lineweight alone in the edit/create linetype.

As for editing the CTB, there is two ways to get into edit them.

First way is to go to File->PlotStyle Manager.

Second way is to start a plot to bring up the plot dialog box. Expand the additional options using the arrow down the bottom of the dialog. Select the plot style you will be using on the dwg and then click the edit button next to the drop down box.

Regards Brad

>

Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 11 of 12
CAD-ICE
in reply to: Icemanau

Dear Brad,

thank´s again for your reply. I´m not sure how to follow your instructions so I have attached a screenshot with the dialog box to help clarify things. As you can see, the plot style table editor is open but I cant see where I set or control that the plot is controlled by layer. Is it the "Use object lineweight" setting in the lineweight setting ?

Sorry for bothering you again....and thank´s in advance for your support.

Regards, Gary 

Message 12 of 12
Icemanau

Yes, that's what all my colours are set to in the lineweight section. Sorry if I was not to clear on that.

Regards Brad

>

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost