AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting problems

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mvella24
152 Views, 2 Replies

Plotting problems

Hi,
I am having problems plotting from AE 2007 to our HP DesignJet 500. Sometimes it prints the entire drawing, sometimes it does not. It seems like the plotter doesn't spool or receive the entire file before beginning to plot. The border always prints without any problems, but it is the content of the drawing that is intermittently plotted. For example, the plot was sent a total of 3 times, each time waiting a few minutes between plots. On the last attempt, the plot was printed correctly.
The plotter is connected to the network and is managed by our network file and printer server running Windows 2000 SP4. I understand this may be an HP or Microsoft problem, but I am just trying to cover all the bases including potential AutoDesk issues.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Matt
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: mvella24

hi matt

pl use the script...replace the exisitng printer with your printer name with the path
-PLOT
Y
Model
\\Printer\HP LaserJet 3300 Series PCL 6 (change to ur printer name)
A4
Inches
Landscape
No
Extents
Fit
Center
Y
monochrome.ctb
Y
A
N
Y
Y

save this as .scr file and use project pull down menu and in that select "project wide utilities" and and select "run command script file" under "for each drawing".. select the .scr file..

hope this helps

sathya
for ur cad outsourcing needs..
satya.nk@control-infotech.com
Message 3 of 3
mvella24
in reply to: mvella24

Sathya -
Thanks very much for the response and the info above. Unfortunately, it did not solve my problem. Are there any other ideas you might have ?

Thank you.
Matt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost