AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plot Project with Detailed Plot Configuration ON does not work (ACADE 2015)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ogonzalez
538 Views, 2 Replies

Plot Project with Detailed Plot Configuration ON does not work (ACADE 2015)

I just updated to ACADE 2015 and found that the Plot Project with Detailed Plot Configuration ON does not work (or does not seem to work for me).

On the other hand, when I run a batch plot with Detailed Plot Configuration Mode OFF it does properly execute the batch plot of the whole project without issues.

I was inspecting the entries under the command window and found that the automatically created batch plot script (_WDPLOT.scr) for the Detailed Plot Configuration might have an extra empty line causing the problem. See the auto generated script below:

wd_scr_msg "========== Drawing 1 of 2 =========="
wd_prnt_time_date
_.-PLOT
_YES
'wd_chk4_layoutnam_oem "Model"
                                                                                            <<<<<<<< THIS ENTER IS NOT REQUIRED
RICOH Aficio 1022 PCL 6
Letter (8.5" x 11")

Landscape

_L
_F
_YES

_N
'wd_prnt_repeat_cr
wd_scr_open_ok_ro_chk
"114017G00002.dwg"
_.cmdecho 0

Can someone from support shed some light here?

For now, I have created my own script that I run under Porject Wide utilities to batch print the whole project with the required Detailed Plot Configuration.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
david_brude
in reply to: ogonzalez

I can't comment on the script file but whenever we upgrade versions I usually to forget to modify the generic paper sizes. txt file and doing so will cause it not to work. We use generic paper sizes instead of driver default. 

I have 2015 and detailed plot configuration is working for me.

Are you using .pc3 files?

Regards,

David Brude

Message 3 of 3
ogonzalez
in reply to: david_brude

Hi David,

I did modify the generic paper size. I do too use generic paper sizes instead of driver default.

I do not use a .pc3 file though. i just stick with the layout tab's default as I have always done it.

I usually batch print 2 different sizes of the schematic diagrams the large 11 x 17 is printed for the electricians on the floor. The smaller 8.5 x 11 is the one i keep as a reference ina binder or for the manual issued with the machine. Anyway, in both cases the printer is the same and the dafualt size saved with the layout tab is the larger 11x 17. I change to Detail Plot Configuration only when I need to print the samller size.

Cheers,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost