AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pin Lists

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
530 Views, 1 Reply

Pin Lists

Hi Folks

I am looking to use the pinlist feature in ACE2012.  I can add contact numbers to relay contacts as I go, but I have this thought that I can automate this by using the pin list feature.

A Sprecher + schuh relay can have a combination of contacts from 4 no   to  4 nc.

My question is;  When I add a coil can I have a selection of pin list based on the part number of that relay?   The part number reflects the NO/NC combinations.

I seem to be able to add a pin list to an instrument that has many contacts but not multiple pin list to a relay.   It would seem to me to be a logical extension.

Am I trying to do something the software will not do?

To ask the question another way;  How do you folks keep tract of the used contacts on a relay?   Is the only way by the table that is drawn?

Hope the shutdown is successful.

Cheers  John Q

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Icemanau
in reply to: Anonymous

One of the pin types that can be used is convertible. Reading the help for pinlists, it seems that with convertable contacts, you can specify different terminal numbers for the different types.

With the Sprechur & Schuh contactors and relays I've seen, the main number specifys the contacts and the coil number is added onto it. That however is from a few years ago.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost