AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
johnq
346 Views, 1 Reply

Pin List

Hi Folks

I am looking at Pin Lists.   I think the concept is so that a relay with say 2 NO & 2 NC contacts, it is designed to prevent me from adding 3 & 1.

I can also have a device that has inbuilt contacts, No/Nc in various combinations, again not to use more than what is there.

I can edit the data in the data area using the:  Schematic   Other  tools     Pin list editor  

When I insert a device  I can edit the contacts using the    NO/NC Setup   menue. ( in the  inset/edit menue when installing a part) 

I can use this to add contacts.  If I make a typo in the data entry the software reports that if I enter this contact I will excede the available number of contacts. (approx words ) I have made typos.

BUT when I add a second device  I need to add the contacts again.

I would have thought that I could copy the first as there is a button   "get from Parent"

I must be missing something--may be a lot!   i thought once the first device is entered then the data could be copied to the second.

This is not holding me up, just a new feature to learn amd make the process better.

Any thoughts or clues to send me in the correct direction would be appreciated. 

Cheers  john Q

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
drathak
in reply to: johnq

@johnq wrote:

BUT when I add a second device  I need to add the contacts again.

I would have thought that I could copy the first as there is a button   "get from Parent"

I must be missing something--may be a lot!   i thought once the first device is entered then the data could be copied to the second.

This is not holding me up, just a new feature to learn amd make the process better.

Any thoughts or clues to send me in the correct direction would be appreciated. 

Cheers  john Q

When you add a second device, that is a new instance and all the pins are available again.  That is normal behavior.  There shouldn't be an option to "get from parent" in this situation. In order to add another component and get the pin numbers to "copy" you would need to use the "Copy Component" command. (AECOPYCOMP)

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost