AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
johnq
528 Views, 2 Replies

Pin List

G'day Folks

I am taking the next step and working on the PIN LIST feature in ACE.  I have searched the history and nothing seems to relate to my problems.

I am on ACE2012  win7 

I have read some where that in the symbols there must be an attribute for "PINLIST" and PEER_PINLIST.   I add these attributes to the symbols and in the optional area, the green tick is displayed with the two attribute names.

As I have done with other attributes.

Later I find when I open the symbold the attribute in on th drawing but the entry is not in the table.

It does not make any difference if the "NO/NC setup table" is set up or blank.

I have been trying different combinations for many hours and I am missing out on something.

I have a "WORKING" project set up that I do all my developement work area,  I have tried deleting the .MDB file from time to time.

I swap drawings as I have found that can help on othere problems.

Is there a specific sequence to follow?

Some screen shots attached.

The pins I am trying to use are not drawn on the symbols that I create.  Is this a clue?  My company does not want them to be there.  If that is the key to my problems then I need to know.

Thanks in advance

John Quigley

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Icemanau
in reply to: johnq

You didn't include a picture of the actual block but going from the dialog boxes I think I know what your problem is.

If it is a parent block (a coil for example) it will be looking for the coil pin information which you have not added into the pinlist database.

If your block has more than 2 coil pins, you just keep adding them to the coil pin list.

The NO/NC and other types are for child blocks and don't get pulled into a parent block.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
johnq
in reply to: Icemanau

Hi Brad

Thanks for your reply and time to offer some advice.  One of my blocks would have made it easier for you but you are right.

I do not have the contact pins on the on a block and that is the cause of my problem.

I have carried out a test and pins on the block fixed the problem.

I now need to convince the powers to be that I need to go that road.

It is difficult on my own with this package, the only support is this forum.

I am starting to like this program but I still do not like the way it crashes.

Cheers  john Q

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost