AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parametric PLC child

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
AcadE2014
799 Views, 3 Replies

Parametric PLC child

Hello All,

I am trying to build a PLC but I need it to be a child instead of a Parent. We put the parent on a page that has the fusing and power of the PLC on it. We delete the power pins on the Parametric PLC.

Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks

Dennis

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dougmcalexander
in reply to: AcadE2014

This is not an inherent function available in AutoCAD Electrical.  You could create two symbols, a parent and child like any other.  In the attached screen shot, the parent block is named PLC1_1794IA8 and the child is PLC2_1794IA8.  I will attach the files.  You edt the descriptions and I/O adress under show/edit misc.  The parent has an XREF attribute to show the location of the child I/O points.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 4
AcadE2014
in reply to: dougmcalexander

What would happen if I editted the top block within the the parametric to be "TAG2" instead of "TAG". Would the parametric still see that and build it as a child???

I will try that when I get time.

As a DUH!!!! moment overcame me, I could just make the power suppy the child and avoid the whole issue all together!!!!!

Thanks for your help!!!

Dennis

Message 4 of 4
dougmcalexander
in reply to: AcadE2014

Parametric PLC doesn't allow a child. The 4th character of the filename dictates parent (1) or child (2). Hence the 1 or 2 in the 4th character of the block names I created . For Catalog Lookup to open the correct table you will have to name the blocks HPC1_etc. and HPC2_etc. Also add a WDBLKNAM attribute to the parent and set the value to PLCIO. This is the name of the table for PLC part numbers.  I have attached replacement blocks that are renamed and I added the WDBLKNAM attribute to the parent so the Catalog Lookup and BOM generator will work properly.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost