AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel conductors in cable - How to model that?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
drathak
464 Views, 3 Replies

Parallel conductors in cable - How to model that?

While not common, we have occasional need to show two conductors in a control cable going between the same two pins.  (Usually for increased current carrying capacity.)

Showing both conductors on the schematic is not desired, but flagging both as being used is.  This may not be possible.

Any thoughts on how to best pull this off?  Stacking two cable markers sort of works visually, but doesn't really take care of the actual wiring.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Icemanau
in reply to: drathak

There is a user typed in-line wire label that you can use for this sort of situation.

Not sure on where it is located in the ribbon, but it can be found through the Insert Component menu in Terminals/Connectors->In-line Wire Labels.

Just select the You Type label and then type in the information you need (2 x 4mm SQ for example).

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
drathak
in reply to: Icemanau

Not sure I follow how that would help.  Here's what I ended up with.  This is to model a DC Ring bus for a switchboard lineup in a substation.
--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
Message 4 of 4
Icemanau
in reply to: drathak

The attached jpg shows how I would do something similar as compared to a dual wire setup.

Note that normally we just go up a wire size or two to get the same or a better rating.

I'm in the substation HV switchboard design field and our boards us a similar setup for the dc control power.

Our wire size is 4mm sq for a smaller boards and goes up to 6mm sq for the larger ones.

J1 is the wire number while the 2 yellow labels are examples to suit the Australian wire sizes and the American wire sizes.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost