AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panel components thur schematic list

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
breierg
273 Views, 1 Reply

Panel components thur schematic list

Just started to use the schematic list to insert panel footprints, having a few questions:

1) when inserting a parent component from the schematic why doesnt the multiple catalog component information come with. Insert fuse 101FU which has fuse holder 101 catalog info in the multiple catalog entry the only catalog info that shows is the info for 101FU unless you edit the component and reselect the component tag # thru the shematic list

2) if a component footprint is tied to a catalog number and that footprint has been changed autoCAD will continue to insert the old footprint even tho the drawing is purged of the old block. If you update the block in the drawing it will update to the new component footprint but insert from schematic list and you will get the old footprint.

has anyone else seen these issues?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dougmcalexander
in reply to: breierg

Your first point is a bug.  I wait until the panel layout to assign multiple catalog parts.  I have reported this to Autodesk.

As far as the panel footprints are concerned, I have not seen this issue.  It works as expected for me.  To my knowledge, that part of the software has not been touched in years.  If you make a change to a footprint after it has been inserted, use Update Block to change the existing insertions to the latest version of the same block.  Inserting from the Schematic List will pick up the new version of the block, if none are already inserted.  If there are existing blocks on the panel layout already, inserting from the schematic list will use a copy of one of the existing blocks to save time. This works just like it does in plain vanilla AutoCAD.  If you have changed a panel footprint, be sure to update existing blocks before inserting from the schematic list.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost