AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panel Nameplate Report Qty. Field

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Ben
Explorer
643 Views, 4 Replies

Panel Nameplate Report Qty. Field

Hi all,

I am hoping someone can tell me if this is possible or not. I have an example to make this explanation simpler:

I have made a nameplate on a panel layout and made its Component Tag "Nameplate1". I brought up the "Panel Layout - Nameplate Insert/Edit" Dialog Box. I have entered Manufacturer and Catalog data for the nameplate. I have also made the count 2 instead of the default 1.

My question comes from when I run a Panel Nameplate Report. The resulting report shows one instance of the nameplate "Nameplate1" even though there is really a quantity of 2. Is it possibly to run a Nameplate Report that will also grab the quantity of each nameplate with that Component Tag? I am trying to use this report to find duplicates of nameplates.

I know that I can also run a Panel BOM Report to give me the quantity, but that report can only tell me total quantity of a certain catalog number, and if I have many nameplates with different Component Tags with the same catalog number, this report cannot help me find duplicate nameplates.

Thanks in advance for any tips and answers.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Nata_ly
in reply to: Ben

As far as I can understand you try to set quantity 2 for one component manually. ACElectrical wouldn't do this until you wouldn't work with the assembly. So just place second component somewhere beyond the drawing borders to have "2" in report.
Please tell me if I misunderstood you.

Message 3 of 5
Ben
Explorer
in reply to: Nata_ly

Thank you for the response; you are understanding correctly.

I thought about doing something like that. I'd prefer, if I can, to not have to make a physical duplicate nameplate with the same component tag. I guess ACADE doesn't like it when you manually change a component's quantity then. Thanks for the suggestion.

Message 4 of 5
algerj
in reply to: Ben

Hi Ben,

You could add the Field "Sub" (which calls out the sub assembly component count) to your Panel BOM to show the number of duplicate tags which you type in the "Count".

If you really need to have the Tags Separate from everything else you can apply an "installation" code named "TAGS" (do not let it pass the data to the main components, when the message pops up and says do you want to update matching components say "skip") then when you do your Panel BOM, you can filter by the Installation code "TAGS".

Alternatively you could build a link using a WDA (user defined attribute) file, to make the QTY or SUB field available. (it s a little harder but then you don't have to do the filters since you make the attribute available for all reports - so your Component tag report will work the way you want it to)

I suggest contacting your local Reseller to see if they can help you with the setup.

Regards,

James Alger

SolidCAD  

Message 5 of 5
Ben
Explorer
in reply to: algerj

Thank you. "Sub" looks like the type of field I was looking for. I'll try adding that field to my tag block. I think this solves my problem.

Thanks again for everyones' help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost