AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panel Layout Using Paper Space Views - Sanity Check

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
drathak
328 Views, 0 Replies

Panel Layout Using Paper Space Views - Sanity Check

Hello All,

I've been doing a good bit of research, and will likely start experimenting today, but I wanted to throw this out there to see if anyone sees something I'm not understanding.  I thank you in advance for your feedback.

At present, our company draws one large switchboard front view drawing which is dimensioned and is used for the physical construction of the panels.  I would like to move to using a model space and paper space setup to add views of each panel on other sheets and dimension them there.

As I understand it, AutoCAD Electrical will only recognize and work with the first instance of a title block.  So I would need to xref the model into the other drawings and only have one paper space title block per drawing.  Right?

Now, if that's true, can the xref'd drawing have a title block, or does it have to be pure model? I would prefer that the full model have a title block, so that Vault can track its info.  Plus we will still issue an overall "Front View" for reference, only without dimensions.

Also, since I am kinda new to the whole paperspace thing, am I correct that associative dimensions placed on the paperspace view will adjust if the model is changed?  What other benefits should I gain by doing all of this?

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost