AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panel Footprint Scaling

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
STEVENAR
1460 Views, 4 Replies

Panel Footprint Scaling

Hi,

When I insert footprints of panel components from the IEC libraries into a panel at a 1 to 1 scale. The scaling of the components it not right. The components are too small. Can someone please advise on how to correct this.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
testsubject
in reply to: STEVENAR

My guess is that you are using a drawing that is set up for metric and all the footprints are set up for standard.

When you insert a footprint, you are given the ability to change the insertion scale of the footprint at the bottom of the Panel Icon Menu. Set it for 25.4 and al lthe footprints should scale just fine.

Footprint scaling.png

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 5

Like Bob said, it sounds like you are using a metric environment. You can click on the Configuration icon on the Panel tab and preset the scale factor for panel layout symbols so you don't have to enter the scale each time you insert a symbol.  See attached screen capture.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 4 of 5
STEVENAR
in reply to: dougmcalexander

That's my problem solved.

Thanks guy's.

Message 5 of 5

Hi Doug,

I have the same problem but the other way round. My blocks are in mm, and I have enormous blocks when I insert them in my Imperial (inches) working frame.

I also noticed that after inserting the block, the drawing scale turns from "inches' to "Unitless"

I have ACADE 2010.

Regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost