AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panel Balloon Multi-Leader

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
5924 Views, 4 Replies

Panel Balloon Multi-Leader

I use ACADE 2011 and I would like to know how to add multiple leaders linked to one line for multiple equipment.  For example in a I/O rack I have several cards with identical part numbers but I don't have space on the drawing for all the balloons so I need to group them together.  What is the best way to do this?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Anonymous

I usually balloon the component nearest to the edge of the panel and place text next to the balloon to specify quantity.  Refer to the attached example.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 5

Does the multiple balloon function achieve your requirement ?

Regards,

Kevin Li

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Design, Lifecycle and Simulation Product Group
Direct: +86 21 2039 6025
Email: Hongyuan.Li@autodesk.com
Autodesk, Inc.
NO. 130, Lane 91, E Shan Rd
Building 12, Floor 6,
Shanghai 200127, PRC
www.autodesk.com
Message 4 of 5
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Anonymous

I think he may be asking for one balloon with multiple leaders which point to all other devices with the same balloon number.  This could make the drawing look very busy and cluttered.  The example I posted is very common in the U.S. and avoids the clutter.  But, if all components that share the same balloon number were side-by-side, it might be possible to have one leader insert above each footprint and then branch off with additional leader segments that point to each duplicate component.  I would envision the option to window-select all footprints that share the same item number, when prompted at the command line to select the footprint(s) for the leader, then have a command line option to give the user the choice of having AcadE use collision avoidance to insert the additional branch leaders for the remaining footprints.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: dougmcalexander

The extrenal qauntity of the ballons would be of assistance and we might implement that; however, that would be confusing and not work when several multiple item balloons are near each other in particular in 3 or more groups.  For example of you have 2 output cards next to 2 input cards next to 2 contact output cards it would be impossible to tell which cards are next to which and the panelbuilder would be left assuming which card goes in which slot. The only way I can see to solve that would be a multi-leader system.

I was thinking of something similar to within the home menu that allows you to define a multi-leader object, but able to apply for ACADE balloons.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost