AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROJECTS IN PROJECT MANAGER

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
acade2012
4843 Views, 23 Replies

PROJECTS IN PROJECT MANAGER

Hello All,

I am having an issue with the project manager.

When ever I shut down ACADE and reopen it All the projects that were in the project manager tree are gone

I have to go back in and reopen them each time I start AUTOCAD

I am assuming that there is a setting for this but I cannot find anything.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Thanks

Dennis

23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24
testsubject
in reply to: acade2012

Dennis,

Are you using a local profiles or is your login deleted from the local computer and rebuilt in the morning everyday? If so, this might be the problem. The open Projects are stored in the following locations (this is from the Help Screen):

The Project Manager displays a list of recently opened projects so you can easily select another project to open without having to browse for it. The project list is dynamic with the last project you worked on appearing at the top of the list. The list of recent projects is saved in a text file called lastproj.fil in the user subdirectory.

Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\{username}\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical {version}\{release}\{country code}\Support\User\

Windows 7: \Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical {version}\{release}\{country code}\Support\User\

Each line in this file gives the information for one project. The last piece of data in the line identifies what the project state is when AutoCAD Electrical is started: "2"=Active, "1"=listed as Open, "0"= not listed in window but available from the Recent Projects dialog box. If you adjust this file, either manually with a text editor or programmatically (see the AutoCAD Electrical API Help), you can control which project is active when AutoCAD Electrical starts up, and which other projects are shown in the Project Manager window.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 24
acade2012
in reply to: testsubject

This happens even if I do not shut off the computer just closing AutoCAD.

Message 4 of 24
testsubject

Not sure what to tell you now. Maybe one of the Autocad reps can chime in.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 5 of 24
acade2012

FYI

at the same time this happened I also lost the ability to right click over an electrical component and have the elecrtical edit box pop up.

I fixed that by adding a line from the WD_LOAD.LSP routine to the ACAD,LSP routine.

Not sure why that line doesnt work in the 1st routine but it works in the 2nd one.

Both routines are loaded from the startup suite.

Message 6 of 24
lionSG

Hi,

Did you try to delete the lastproj.fil in your roaming support user folder if you using Win7?

Maybe it got corrupted due to random crash or error in ACE.

Thanks.

Message 7 of 24
acade2012

Deleting it and reopening Acad E worked

Thanks for the help

Message 8 of 24
EE1337

I'm having the same issue, using ACADE 2015 here.  I deleted 'LastProj.fil' and when I reopened acade, it created a blank 'LASTPROJ.FIL', but I open a project in Project Manager, it does not update the file.  Clost and reopen and project manager is empty again.  I also tried renaming the file to match the original case sensitive filename, but that doesn't work either.  

Message 9 of 24
Icemanau
in reply to: EE1337

Try having a dwg open when you close ACADE.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Message 10 of 24

I also have this issue, but I got to it slightly differently...

I installed Acad-e 2015 fresh, and am setting up a shared network environment in preparation to do some testing. I have the OPTIONS file paths and the WD.ENV file setup to point to the network area.

Whenever I started Acad-e, the Projects listed in the Project manager ALWAYS reverted to the projects on my local drive. Even if I open up just projects stored on the network drive and close ALL local projects, the next time I start Acad-e, only the projects on the local drive are listed.

I renamed the local project folder and started up Acad-e. Blank Project list. I opened up two network projects, closed Acad-e and reopened it. Blank Project list again. I even cleared all temp files and tried again. No luck. Still blank.

I then found this post and tried ALL of the above. No joy. Even after opening up a drawing, and paging through a few pages.

There are "LASTPROJ.FIL" files in each network project I opened. I opened two projects, and the lastproj.fil files each point to the other project, and contain only that one line. The one in the user roaming folder is still blank, though. And Proj manager is blank on Acad-e starting.

Any other recommendations? This is incredibly frustrating...

Message 11 of 24
lionSG
in reply to: scottgensemer8984

Check your project settings, right click your project folder and select settings, make sure the environment file you're using is correct.

You may want to take at look at this link on editing wd.env for more info.

http://synergiscadblog.com/2013/10/29/modifying-the-environment-file-in-autocad-electrical/ 

Message 12 of 24
scottgensemer8984
in reply to: lionSG

OK. I checked, and the correct (network) wd.env file is being used.

I actually saw that post before and used it as one of my references when I edited the env file. What am I looking for? Your post doesn't say...

Message 13 of 24
EE1337
in reply to: scottgensemer8984

Mine kept switching back to the default Profile, I realized that the shortcut I was using to open Autocad had a /p switch that was specifying the wrong profile.  I edited the Target of that shortcut to specify the Profile that I use, that fixed my problems

Message 14 of 24
scottgensemer8984
in reply to: EE1337

Yeah - I already noticed that the default shortcut pointed to the <<ACADE>> profile. I copied the shortcut and edited that to point to my new profile. Everything points to the correct place; but the "lastproj.fil" file still isn't getting written to.

Interestingly, I tried starting the program using the default <<ACADE>> profile, and the Project list does remain populated. So... Must be something in how I editied the OPTIONS in my profile, and my new "wd.env" file. I will have to look into that...

If anyone has an idea on what edits to the OPTIONS and "wd.env" file may break the ability of the program to write to the "lastproj.fil" file, please let me know!!!

Message 15 of 24

Has anybody figured out why the project manager is not remembering projects in AutoCAD Electrical 2015?   I have three users now with this issue..

And its not related to the lastproj.fil file either...

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 16 of 24

The only place I know of, that AcadE stores information about what is in the project manager, is the lastproj.fil file.

Are you sure you are looking at the correct instance of this file?

copy/paste this to the command line to see what file AcadE is actually using:

(c:ace_find_file "lastproj.fil" nil)

This should of course point to a local folder that is specific to one user only.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 17 of 24

No I just meant if you delete the lastproj.fil and let AutoCAD Elect 2015 recreate it under the user's profile, it doesn't resolve the issue.

Actually the lastproj.fil is also being created in every project (as reported earlier in this posting) the user is working on but the project manager doesn't remember the projects the user is working on.

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 18 of 24

Then I have no idea what's doing this. Let's hope someone from AUTODESK sees this 🙂

But, just to check...That little command I gave you.. does it return the lastproj.fil located in the user-filder or the one in the active-project-folder?

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 19 of 24

For at least one user, the lastproj.fil is pointing to the (correct) location under the user's profile.   Waiting to hear back from the other users but I assume its the same.

Mark Lancaster

Message 20 of 24

I tried the command to find the "lastproj.fil" file, and it does indeed find the local user's support folder. (C:\users\{profile}\AppData\Roaming\blah-blah)

I too have noticed that a "lastproj.fil" is created in the active project folder, which is not read on subsequent launching of the program. I also notice that the "lastproj.fil" is ONLY edited if you start with the default <<ACADE>> profile. I have the issue only if I am trying to use a new profile created just for network paths. I copy the <<ACADE>> profile, and re-place the local paths with the network equivalent. (Interestingly - When you start Acad w/the <<ACADE>> default profile this issue does not exist.) Deleting ALL of the "lastproj.fil" files from everywhere local & network does not help, either.

I have tried Acad-e on two PC's now. Both have this issue. Both only when using a network profile. I have uninstalled and reinstalled from both a downloaded install file, and from a deployment. I have installed it with the Anti-virus on and with it off. The issue is consistently there. My VAR has not been able to help either. I'm thinking it is time to start a case w/Autodesk...

My big concern is integrity of project data. Our workplace demands our shared libraries/config files/projects are on a network for multi-user use. Working local isn't really an option for us.

Has anyone with this issue noticed if anything else is affected by this (data/path integrity)? I'm concerned that if this is broken - what else is?

Thanks!

PS:
Ran across a known issue w/Acad-e 2015: When you restore a profile .ARG file from a backup - the "Trusted Paths" do not get populated. They are in the .ARG file and the registry - just not in the "Options". I had to write a script & LISP routine to restore the missing paths on startup using a /b switch.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost