AutoCAD Electrical General

Mentor
sonny3g
Message 11 of 14 (119 Views)

Re: PLOTDATE / PLOTDATE update

02-13-2012 11:59 AM in reply to: rhesusminus

I did insert the field in my .dwt file.  It inserts correctly in my drawings and will print the plotdate and time correctly whether plotted in a project batch plot or individually THE FIRST TIME ONLY.  After that, it might but usually does not print the time only the date.  If I re-insert the field manually, it prints correctly once then the next time only the date.

Any ideas what might be causing that?

Thanks.

Scott

Scott G. Sawdy
scott.sawdy@bluecoyotecad.com
*Expert Elite*
Icemanau
Message 12 of 14 (100 Views)

02-14-2012 07:14 PM in reply to: sonny3g

Check your field update setting. If it's set to update only on saving, that could be whats causing the problem...

regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman)

Mentor
sonny3g
Message 13 of 14 (88 Views)

02-17-2012 11:45 AM in reply to: Icemanau

My field update setting was: on open, on save, on plot, on regen and on etransmit.  It is now just on open, save and plot.  Unfortunately, I have to manually replace the field in the attribute before plotting every time if I want the plot time included in the plotdate.

Scott

Scott G. Sawdy
scott.sawdy@bluecoyotecad.com
*Expert Elite*
rhesusminus
Message 14 of 14 (81 Views)

02-18-2012 08:25 AM in reply to: sonny3g

I'm not able to get AutoCAD to "forget" the field setting here. Could you post a drawing with a field here?

THL

THL
Please select "Accept As Solution" if this post answers your question. Kudos don't hurt either. ;-)

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community