Distinguished Contributor
acade2012
Message 1 of 2 (228 Views)
Accepted Solution

PLCIO SYMBOL & WIRE NUMBERS

228 Views, 1 Replies
07-20-2012 11:44 AM

Hello All,

I have a symbol with a prefix of PLCIO. It has 16 configurable I/O on board. The symbol is set up so the 1st 4 lines are as follows and repeats 16 time with I/O 0 thru I/O 15.

VDC +

not used

VDC -

I/O #

When I go to insert wire numbers on it, it addresses the 1st 16 lines with the plc address and the rest with page/line numbers.

I want to make only the I/O line reflect the PLC I/O.

I realize that i can put in the wire numbers and fix them but thats not any fun and I'm lazy I would prefer it be done automagiclly!!!!

Attached is the symbol

Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

Thanks

Dennis

Distinguished Contributor
acade2012
Message 2 of 2 (209 Views)

Re: PLCIO SYMBOL & WIRE NUMBERS

07-23-2012 06:57 AM in reply to: acade2012

I have figured out the issue

when addressing the plc I/O I hag tag01 tag 02 ect down the line and it was pulling that I/O address on and putting it on term o1 term 02 ect down the line

by changing the tag# to the appropriate term number (in my case tag01 to tag04) (tag02 to tag08) (tag03 to tag12) the tag#'s have the I/O from the plc on the correct line.

attached is the corrected symbol

FYI in case anyone else runs into this issue

have a great day

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community