AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLC fixed units - IO addres with multiple pins

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Krzysiek_b
959 Views, 7 Replies

PLC fixed units - IO addres with multiple pins

Hi all, 

In "Edit PLC Module" window when editing my fixed plc unit, there is only 1 pin assigned to particular addres - question is how to assign 2(or more) pins to a single IO address (for example when i want to define a relay output pins, that will be later automatically assigned to a stand-alone IO point on other drawings)?

(see attached image)

I've tried adding optional attributes to wire connection in symbol builder, and modifying wire connection style but it doesnt do the trick or i am doing somethin wrong.

I also noticed that when I inserted a stand alone point with 2 wire connections, then in window Edit PLC I/O Point -> List there are tables "pairs", "Unused (form-C)", "unused other" so I guess there is a possibility to define for example a Form-C relay output in fixed plc unit? Or am i wrong and it can't be done?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
lionSG
in reply to: Krzysiek_b

If you look at the PLC terminal block settings in the PLC database editor, such as HP1DWAWO or HP1DWAWC, they have relay type PLC outputs.

Once you insert the PLC on the drawing and edit the module, you can see the pins 1 and 2 desc but the pin 2 is grey out or not shown.

Maybe if you can figure out how to show the pin2, please let me know as well.

Message 3 of 8
Krzysiek_b

Hi all, 

I managed to assign pins to a single I/O - the trick was to set terminals as right and left - so the I/O point is TAGA01, and the terminals are X1TERM01L (TERM01L) and X1TERM01R (TERM01R). (attachment 1)

EDIT: thanks for advice LionSG - it helped a lot.

Now the problem is that when I insert the stand-alone I/O point, and point to this I/O point it only extracts the 1st pin. I use the ACADE Block "IN,1s Point, 2 Wires" (PLCIOI2TV). (attachment 2) 

Message 4 of 8
Krzysiek_b

Hi again.. any new ideas how to solve this problem?

Message 5 of 8
electricman1

"how to assign 2(or more) pins to a single IO address"

Well what you may be looking for may not be possible. One trick is to make the pin # description "1,2" instead of "1". It is crude but indicates that pins 1 and 2 are connected internally. I beleive some of the out-of-box PLC modules have this option.

Message 6 of 8
Krzysiek_b
in reply to: electricman1

Well, I actually managed to assign 2 pins to a single I/O point (see one of my previous post), but it doesn't work with stand-alone plc points (2nd pin number isn't transfered to a stand-alone plc point).

I did as you suggested and it worked partially.. When creating my fixed plc unit, I made pin number for an I/O point as  "1        2", "3        4" and so on.

Then when i inserted my stand-alone plc point and linked it with my fixed plc unit, it worked good. (see attachment 1) Next fixed plc that I intented to use was the relay outputs relay module (Siemens TXM1.6R)...

And that is where I got really frustrated... I made the pin number as "3       2       4" to represent the 1 channel of relay output, and what I wanted to achieve you can see on attachement 2. What I got you can see on attachment 3. For some reasons ACADE (I use 2014), is cutting part of the terminal description.. instead of "3       2       4" i got "3      2   ". Any ideas?

Message 7 of 8
nam_ha
in reply to: electricman1

In ACE 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 the connection between PLC fixed units and standalone 2 pins IO works!

This is only working in the same sheet. If you connect this between 2 sheets, it's only connecting 1 pin.

Why this doesn't work between 2 sheets is the question.

Kind regards,

Nam Ha

Message 8 of 8
acad4BWUTW
in reply to: nam_ha

Hi

I confirm that the same thing happens to me too.

I would add that, working in the same sheet, the insertion takes place correctly but, if a change is made (a move or update of the Description fields), the change is not carried over to the child and vice versa

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost