AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLC blocks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
178 Views, 2 Replies

PLC blocks

Installed 2006 Electrical and have some PLC blocks you can insert, came across one that isn't on the list and want to know if Autodesk or the mfgr updates the list with new blocks, etc?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I imagine with new releases, but how about like Siemen specific stuff?
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Instead of waiting for a new update or release from Autodesk, we update our own PLC files with what we need.
Our Engr's are on top of the new modules and the designers give me the tech info on new modules and I quickly update the data files or the database (depending on the version of AutoCAD). It usally takes me less than 15 minutes to create and test most new modules. Siemens modules seem to be the favorite nowadays. I edit the database directly because I am more familiar with Access and as been mentioned before in this discussion group, there needs to be better documentation on the PLC editor. Anyway,I find updating the database ourselves with new modules is more efficient and cost effective. Good luck!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost