AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLC Parent/Child

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
1593 Views, 11 Replies

PLC Parent/Child

Is there a way to use the existing PLC modules full unit or parametric and utilize a child. The PLC card would be complete to show all power connections and the I/O would just have cross references to the location of the corresponding child or I/O point. To do this would I create a child with a xref to the parent and then modify the components that make-up the I/O point to add a cross-reference? If I was using a 1746-IB16 would I modify the blocks HP?WA-D, by adding a Xref? Since its not NO or NC what would I add? I guess to the child I could add the XREF and that would work, but I'm not sure about the parent.

Thanks,

Dean
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Maybe this is what your looking for:
http://mfgcommunity.autodesk.com/blogs/blog/7/blogpost/14187/
You can download a lisp to update the master block with the child blocks descriptions and location. The child components would be "plc I/O point".

Sven Kloeck
Electrical Network Design
Message 3 of 12
JohnSmith5014

Hi
Does anyomne know where this link is now?
regards
John
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

Sorry if this is not direct but try browsing from here

http://mfgcommunity.autodesk.com/blogs/blog/7/?year=2006&month=4

There's a lot of good stuff here - Thanks Nate!!
Message 5 of 12
mako68

Hi,

I did not find this solution....is it still available somewhere?

Mko
Message 6 of 12
JohnSmith5014

I have found this file and it runs with partial success. My cross reference is set up for %S-%N but only the %N part appears in the PLC module when the program runs. Description etc are fine - just missing part of the cross reference.
Has anyone else had a similar problem?
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

I am having this same problem right now. The links above do not work anymore. Any suggestions?

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

Goto Project Properties --> Components and tick "Combined Installation/Location tag mode"

this will solve your issue with %S part.

Regards,

Gerald

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

Thanks a lot, by checking that optiopn I was then able to select Pick from the edit PLC Module menu and "Pick" my source or destination links in the drawing as  the "device to capture description text". I had tried to do the same thing before I checked the "Combined Installation/Location tag mode" in the Project Properties under the Components tab and it did not work.  Thanks again!

Message 10 of 12
JohnSmith5014

Hi

Does anyone know where this can be found now? I have done quite a bit of searching and can't find it

Regards

John

Message 11 of 12
CAD-ICE
in reply to: JohnSmith5014

Hello there,

I have attached an MHTML document with Nate´s post on this issue.

Regards, Gary

Message 12 of 12
JohnSmith5014
in reply to: CAD-ICE

Hi Gary

That works great, sorry about the late reply.

Many thanks

John

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report