AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLC Parametric files

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
dsteves
178 Views, 0 Replies

PLC Parametric files

I have also, as other users, built parametric files for PLCs which are not included in the AutoCAD 2004 Electrical parametric file database. The PLC family I work on is the Giddings&Lewis PiC900 family of PLCs. I see no evidence of copyright information in the source code of the existing files.

I would like to be able to post and share parametric files with other AutoCAD electrical users. I have searched the Internet for such shares and found none.

If I write parametric files for use with AutoCAD Electrical, am I obligated to surrender the copyright to Autodesk, or is it possible to offer up such files under the GNU copyleft as public domain?

Not to say that my files are outstanding in quality or accuracy, but they are the only ones I have found for that PLC family. I would gladly turn them over to someone else who can improve on them. They are merely a first draft.

Regards,
Daniel M Steves
Plant Engineer
Albany International Corporation
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost