AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLC Multiple Catalog Part Numbers

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
gtralt
671 Views, 2 Replies

PLC Multiple Catalog Part Numbers

I'm creating new PLC modules using the PLC Database File Editor and I'm trying to find a way to enter multiple part numbers for a PLC. For example I an 8 Port base with a part number and a 8 port DI module that plugs into the base. I can create the PLC module using the base part number or the input part number but not both. I would like to be able to create the PLC using the Base part number and include the input or output part number like a multiple catalog part number just fixed so that I do not have to enter or select both part numbers every time I use this configuration. I have looked all over this discussion group and have not found anything that really addresses this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

AutoCAD Electrical 2012

Win 7

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dougmcalexander
in reply to: gtralt

I have this scenario with Flex I/O.  One option is to click Catalog Lookup from the PLCIO editor, click Multiple BOM at the next dialog, and assign the 1794-TB3 as a Multiple Catalog entry.  If you have the project properties set for item numbering on a per-part basis, you can assign a separate item number to the 1794-TB3.  If you are not concerned with having a separate item number for the 1794-TB3, use the assembly code method to create a permanent relationship between the module plug-ins and their base.  This method will add the base terminal board to the module automatically each time you generate a BOM.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 3
gtralt
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Doug,

I just saw your post. I did something just like what you described. I entered my base modules in the PLC Database with the correct number of connections per base module. I created two types of bases. I created an Input drop down with the base modules that I use with the wire terminals on the left with INPUT in the description and an Output drop down with the same base modules except the wire terminals are on the right and OUTPUT is in the description. I did this so that my schematic would always reflect the correct number of connectors for that specific base. So I select the base that I'm going to use and insert it into my drawing. I then use the multiple BOM option to select the I/O module that I'm going to use with that base and both part numbers are captured in the BOM.

Thanks,

Greg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost