AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLC Module to I/O point referencing

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
sniktun
348 Views, 0 Replies

PLC Module to I/O point referencing

Hey guy's

Ok i have done alot of research into this subject and have basically found that nobody seems to know how to create a parent-child link with a PLC module and an I/O point.

Basically what i am trying to do, is use a main module (lets call it an 8UI) and link each of it's inputs with a graphical representation somewhere else in the project. So an 8UI has 8 different Input addresses, I would need to link the 8 address' to 8 different graphical representation in the drawing. I cannot just run cables off the main PLC module as we usually have around 7 or 8 different modules, making up to sometime 70-80 different I/O addresses.

Now i have attached a file which i think may be an answer, it talks about using an 'Autolisp utility' which will help reference descriptions, tags and XREF's back to the main module. Only thing is i don't fully understand it and wanted to see if anyone else could make sense of it.

Finally i saw a reply from 'dougmcalexander' who talked about an Acade system being availabe in europe which may adress this problem. I am based in England so i guess that would also apply to me?

Anyway thanks for reading guys.

regards,

James

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost