AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLC Module - Cable Systems

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1571 Views, 3 Replies

PLC Module - Cable Systems

Hello.

I'm using several 1746-IB32 PLC modules and would like to show the use of the fixed wiring systems (1492-IFMxx etc). Is there a way? Do i use the parametric terminal builder and point it to the particular part no.? I notice the AB part no.s are in the component database, but am unsure how to utilise them.

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello Rob,

I have just created exactly what you are trying to do.

I inserted the plc module, then created a block for the IFM module and connected them with a cable. You will find that the IFM module is in the DN category, so make sure your block name starts with HDN.

I hope this helps.

-Jeff
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks Jeff. So do you mean use the symbol builder and draw your own IFM module? I'm still very new to ACADE and am still finding out how to get round some things!

I know the IFM exists in the database, but i'm not sure how to utilise that information...

(is it possible to post a screen shot Jeff?)

Again, thanks for your help!

Regards,

Rob
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Here is a screen shot of my creation.

Symbol builder would be a way to create the IFM module. For the cable, just use the multiple wire bus to connect the IFM to the plc, then use the cable marker to turn it into a cable and assign a part number.

I had to split mine into two drawings, this screen shot is for the firs one (parent).

Good luck!

Jeff

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost