AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLC I/O Wire Numbering Help

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Remlapw
1241 Views, 6 Replies

PLC I/O Wire Numbering Help

I am wondering if there is an easy way to turn off the automatic I/O wire numbering when using the spreadsheet to plc utility?  Or is there a way to specify the location that these I/O points are numbered?

I would also like to know if there is a way to number the bus lines from the spreadsheet to plc utility.

Thanks in advance,
Will

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
acade2012
in reply to: Remlapw

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for but there is a way to turn off the PLC I/O numbering on the project or drawing properties.

Go to either the drawing or Project properties then under the wire numbers tab, near the top is a check box for "Search for PLC I/O address on insert.

Turning that on or off will set the wire number to look at the PLC I/O or not.

Message 3 of 7
Remlapw

I have tried to disable this feature however the I/O addresses still appear on the rungs when using the ss to plc utility. 

Message 4 of 7
acade2012

if you did it to the project level did you then apply the project settings to the drawings??

Message 5 of 7
Remlapw

I applied these settings directly to the drawing properties.  To solve the problem that I was facing, I commented the portion of lisp code out of wdio.lsp which was responsible for placing the I/O wiring numbers on the runs .

Thanks for the help though.

Message 6 of 7
dougmcalexander

Click on Setup from the PLCIO Utility dialog and then click on the button labeled, "Spreadsheet/Table Columns".  At the lower left is an option to force the software to use wire number assignments from the spreadsheet, if they exist.  If you look at the demoplc.xls spreadsheet that ships with the software, you will notice that it is mapped to column 5, the same column that the PLC address assignment is mapped to.  When the PLCIO Utility runs and there are wire numbers mapped from the spreadsheet, it will assign them and automatically set them to Fixed, assuming that if you wanted to use wire numbers from the spreadsheet you do not want the Auto-wire-numbering utility to subsequently change those assignments. If you do not want to assign wire numbers to your I/O wires from the spreadsheet, you can set the mapping to option N/A.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 7 of 7
M6Zel
in reply to: dougmcalexander

What about keeping the fixed number from a circuit when inserting using the PLC utility?

I have tried usign column #5 as suggested without success, besides it may no be the best solution in my case since I have 2 different fixed wires on the same rung. See the picture for more detailsWIRE NUMBERS.png 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost