AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLC I/O List Report

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
shiney
2021 Views, 3 Replies

PLC I/O List Report

I'm trying to automate the generation of a customised PLC I/O List, using the PLC I/O Address and Descriptions report.

I can't find any mention of a command in the API help.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
PatMurnen_Adsk
in reply to: shiney

One way to do this for any report is with the Automatic Reports API. Doing it with this API allows you to actually set up more than one report to run at a time.

There are 2 things that need to be setup before this can be used.

1)      The .SET file for the report including the output wanted, i.e.. save to file and/or put on drawing as table. This is created using Reports tab > Miscellaneous Panel > Report Format Setup.

2)      A report grouping file .RGF. This is created using Reports tab > Miscellaneous panel > Automatic Reports. Pick each report and corresponding .set file as if you are going to run it through this dialog. Then save the group and then exit the dialog.

Now the API can be used at anytime without further dialogs or user input.

(c:ace_auto_rpt rgfnam firstdnam templatenam)

Parameters 

Description 

rgfnam 

Report Grouping file name as created in Automatic Reports dialog box. 

firstdnam 

Name of first drawing name if table output is an option and new drawing(s) will be created, can be nil if no new drawings will be created. 

templatenam 

Template name if table output is an option and new drawing(s) will be created, nil for no template. 

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
shiney
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

Thanks Pat.

Slightly more roundabout than I expected, but it works well.

Message 4 of 4
PatMurnen_Adsk
in reply to: shiney

Yeah. It takes a little more setup to get it working but once it is setup it can be used just like an API for a specific report. And  you can group multiple reports and run them in one API. You can even run the same report but with different .SET files to get different output (maybe different fields included) in the same grouping. Anyway, glad it worked.

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost