AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLC Family Code for .wdr

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
liamharris
399 Views, 3 Replies

PLC Family Code for .wdr

Hi,

Would anyone know how to give a PLC a Family Code (similar to the 'FAMILY' Attribute for Schematic Symbols)? I need the Ratings options (in Edit PLC Module > Ratings > Defaults > .wdr file) to link to a Family specific .wdr file which I have already made. By changing the FAMILY Attribute on a Schematic Symbol, this will link it to its family specific .wdr file.

Any help would be amazing!

Thank you.

Untitled.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jared.bunch
in reply to: liamharris

Hello liamharris

Unfortunately it looks like you've encountered something that isn't working quite as expected.  I've been testing it here, and cannot get the "Family" option to become available when dealing with PLC's either.  I've reported the issue.  In the meantime, I know it isn't quite as convenient but you can leverage the "Pick File" option to choose the file that you've created specifically for the PLC cards.  Sorry for the inconvenience!

Jared Bunch
Principal Experience Designer
Message 3 of 4
liamharris
in reply to: jared.bunch

Hi Jared,

Thanks for the quick response :). I'll keep looking into it also. There is a Family option in the PLC Database File Editor Attribute section (see image), but I am still yet to get this working. Also this FAMILY option only appears when a 'FAMILY' attribute is present in the drawing (which makes sense :P) :

Untitled.jpg

If I get anywhere with this, I shall let you know.

Thanks once again!

Message 4 of 4
liamharris
in reply to: liamharris

Hi

Is there any way around this without having to go through the 'Pick File' option?

Thanks

Liam

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost