AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLC Descriptions on wrong side

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
DTran
674 Views, 6 Replies

PLC Descriptions on wrong side

Hello,

There seems to be a problem with the PLC description attributes that I can't seem to find a solution to. Whenever I run the Spreadsheet to PLC I/O Utility, with a module that uses output terminals, the finished product has the terminal desc text to the right of the ladder. However, whenever I explode the PLC, the attributes appear where they should be.

Any help would be appreciated...
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
DTran
in reply to: DTran

Exploded block.
Message 3 of 7
girardeng

We have same problem. Any solutions to this?

Thanks!!

Message 4 of 7
electricman1

Yep, I believe that always happens after exploding some PLC blocks. The PLC Utility moves the attribute probably from the AutoLISP program (I think the filename was IO.LSP). These PLC terminals and descriptions were block files themselves and pieced together via. the PLC Utility. If you want to see an example of how a Parametric PLC is created load the PLC Database Editor (should be next to the PLC Utility toolbar button).

I think your issue also happens if you create a custom block with attributes, for example, then move the attributes with reference to the blocked object. If the block is then exploded the attributes will move back to their original position.

If you need help creating future PLC spreadsheets try this site: http://www.racklayout.com

Message 5 of 7
girardeng
in reply to: electricman1

Hello electicman1,

Thanks for the reply. The racklayout is great, but we still have issue only with output modules (AB). Spreadsheet is fine it is just the descriptions for the output module is on the wrong side. We checked in Database Editor what blocks are used to build the module and if we open the block in AutoCADE descriptions are on the correct side of the module. Also if we insert module using command in AutoCADE (Insert PLC (Parametric)) descriptions are where they should be.

We could not find IO.LSP and try to fix it there.

Thanks again!!

Message 6 of 7
Dag_Henrik
in reply to: girardeng

This is stil a problem 7 years on..

Only with Output models, regardles of "make".

The Comments are fine when I set the same module in as "Insert PLC (Parametric)"

One workaround is to set the module up as "Center" in Spreadsheet to PLC IO Utility Insertion Position" in the "PLC Database File Editor".

But this puts the mudule in the center of the Width of the ladder, wasting a lot og space..

Dag_Henrik_0-1606285397668.png

Somebody found a fix for this?

Message 7 of 7
rhesusminus
in reply to: Dag_Henrik

I'm not surprised 😄

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost