AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLC Database Multiple User Changes

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
liamharris
335 Views, 3 Replies

PLC Database Multiple User Changes

Hi,

I have been doing some corrections and alterations to the PLC Database (through both the Microsoft Access file on our server, and the PLC Database File Editor). All the changes made on the MA file (located in our server) applies to all the users on this server, but any changes made through the PLC Database File Editor only apply to the system of the user making the changes. 

Is there a way to make the changes made on the PLC Database File Editor apply to all the other user's AutoCAD on the server?

Thanks in advanced for any help! 

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TomTom111
in reply to: liamharris

Hello liamharris,

as you found, the PLC MA file is one way to make changes to PLC schematics. To make the changes through the database editor, you wil have to copy the MA file you are editing on your local machine and replace the one on the server.

This is exctly what i do now with our company, and everything from the PLC database, Footprint drawings for panel layouts, schematic drawings, and even the Icon menus for both are kept up to date using this method.

I use "synctoy" to make these changes as simple as possible.

If you would like to know more on the procedures and locations to include in syncs to make this work, please let me know and i would be more than happy to assist you.

--Best of luck

Thomas Walls

CADMASTER TECHNOLOGIES, LLC

www.cadmastertech.com

Message 3 of 4
liamharris
in reply to: TomTom111

Hi TomTom111,

Thanks for the fast response!

I had assumed it was that, as it is the same for our Icon Menu also. I will let you know if I need any more help; but I reckon I will be able to sort it from here 🙂

Thanks once again.

Liam

Message 4 of 4
electricman1
in reply to: liamharris

Another method is to have your machine set to edit the database on the shared network and edit it there. The Access database should allow this. What you can do is add a "z_" (or other) in front off the modules not ready for release. This will indicate an in-process status. Then delete the "z_" indicator text when finished.

I also recommend restricting some users to read only file access. I recommend if working with a large group of users. This will help keep the honest people from causing trouble.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost