AutoCAD Electrical General

Active Contributor
linnea.lukic
Message 31 of 63 (457 Views)

Re: PDF batch plotting in background does not work - PLEASE HELP!!!!!

12-04-2013 11:15 PM in reply to: Hm00b_Th0j

Hi Hm00b_Th0j,

Sounds like your issue is slightly different than mine.  Can you plot PDF at the background at all?

Message 32 of 63 (451 Views)

12-05-2013 08:18 AM in reply to: linnea.lukic

Yes.  I can plot in background, but not always.  The one set that I reconciled layers and purged a couple of days ago is now acting strange.  When I originally reconciled and purged, I can background plot (using external clean profile) and got a good single file out of it.  Now I cannot plot again.  I don't believe I have done much with it since then.  On top of that, when I finally got it to plot, it plots in individual sheets even though I set the file type to "multi-sheet file).  Using same external clean profile and different sheet set, I got a good single multi-sheet file out of the set.  It is not consistent.  I will be awaiting resolution from Autodesk now.  I believe there's something wrong, but I don't know what.

Message 33 of 63 (419 Views)

12-11-2013 03:24 PM in reply to: linnea.lukic

Anyone got anything new on this issue (unable to batch plot in the background)?  I've just got a set of 39 sheets from vendor.  A batch plot of the entire set (1 thru 39) failed.  plot of sheet 1 thru 15 = success.  plot of 16 thru 39 = success.  re-plot of 1-39 =  fail.  re-plot of 1-26  = fail.  re-plot of 1-20 = success. re-plot of 1-24 = success.  re-plot of 1-25 = success.  re-plot of 1-26 = success.  re-plot of 1-30 = success.  re-plot of 1-39 = success (what's the deal?).  File size range from 95KB to 164KB.

sheet list = none

public to = PDF

Location = desktop

File type = multi-sheet file

Naming = prompt for name

Layer information = include

merge control = lines overwrite

Under list of drawings:

- page setup = import (from DWT file with setting below)

* Source drawing = same as sheet name (for each sheet)

* Drawing location = (location of drawing)

* layout name = Model

* Plot device = override: DWG to PDF

* plot size = 17.00 x 11.00 inches (Landscape)

* plot scale = Scaled to Fit

* Page setup detail = Override output device specified in current page setup and publish to multi-sheet PDF

AutoCAD Electrical 2014 (Version 11.1.1.1)

HP EliteBook 8570w

Intel i7-3740QM CPU @ 2.70GHz

16.0 GB RAM

64-bit OS (Windows 7 Pro)

Autodesk, what's the deal?  I ran the same plotting (just with different sheet numbers) and sometime it plot, sometime it does not.  I know whether or not it fails by hovering the mouse over the plotting icon at the bottom right corner.  If within 5-10 minutes it does not show any progress (plotting x of y), you can wait for an hour and it will still hang (plotting in progress). 

Active Contributor
linnea.lukic
Message 34 of 63 (402 Views)

12-13-2013 12:24 AM in reply to: Hm00b_Th0j

Hi Hm00b_Th0j,

Your issue is completely different than mine.  Have you got a 32-bit machine with you?  I've noticed things started to go wrong after my IT department changed my workstation from 32-bit to 64-bit.  I don't have any 32-bit machines here with me so I can't try 

Has anyone who uses 32-bit machiine and 2013 or 2014 ACE installed?  If we could find the issue then surely our dear Autodesk will start to think about fixing it seriously?  

Message 35 of 63 (393 Views)

12-13-2013 10:47 AM in reply to: linnea.lukic

Linnea,

I'm in the same boat as you in terms of PC.  Unfortunately, I went from ACADE R13 to R14 when I went from 32-bit to 64-bit.  It seems to be random now.  When I open a drawing from our vault and do a single sheet plot to a physical printer, the print hangs-up, "Plot job in progress" - had to reset after 10 minutes of just sitting there.  This is an older drawings of only 136KB!

Message 36 of 63 (338 Views)

01-06-2014 07:07 AM in reply to: Hm00b_Th0j

My company just upgraded to from ACADE2012 to ACADE2014.  Our ACADE group all have Vault and Inventor 2014 on our PC's.  We can't get batchplot to work in the background either.  Using our custom plot file or the standard one with ACADE. 

I am curious if anyone has found a work around yet?  I have tried changing the prints to model only or the default setting from ACADE with no luck. 

Has anyone got batchplot to work that has only installed ACADE2014 without inventor or vault?????

Printing pages one at a time for 75+ page projects is not how I want or need to be spending my time. Begining to think not worth the update if all the little problems are going to constantly outway the new features.....

Active Contributor
linnea.lukic
Message 37 of 63 (333 Views)

01-06-2014 07:16 AM in reply to: rbdunniii

Hi rbdunnii,

Have you modifed your 'Profile' since installed 2014 version or do you use the profile from 2012 version?  Apparenly try import a 'clean' profile (meaning the ACADE profile when you first installed ACADE) and see if you can the the batch plot to work.  I have tried it and got it worked on one of our workstations but sadly not all our workstations.

Message 38 of 63 (328 Views)

01-06-2014 07:48 AM in reply to: linnea.lukic

I exported the standard ACADE 2014 profile, added all my Custom library and file locations and then loaded it as the new profile.  I found trying to use the 2012 profile updated for 2014 caused more errors, even though most of the command lines in the profile haven't change.  I am getting ready to switch back to the original 2014 installed ACADE profile and see if that works, but my custom files should not have any affect on batch plotting.

I am currently using Trueview to batchplot to dwf and it is working fine. My problem with this is that I don't want to have to open another program to do a simple task that is in ACADE.

Are you using Vault or Inventor on the same machine as ACADE2014? 

Contributor
Message 39 of 63 (323 Views)

01-06-2014 07:55 AM in reply to: rbdunniii

Same situation as you rbdunniii - we have the whole shabang -Electrical, Vault, and Inventor and the fix that keeps being listed DOES NOT WORK.

I'm VERY curious to see if everyone with this problem is using Vault.  The upgrade to 2013 GREATLY improved the way my ACADE interacts with Vault, but the only work around for a batch plot I have found is to maintain my ACADE 2013 for when I need to plot something in the background. Luckily its not often that I plot my projects. 

Anyone else using Vault in conjunction with this and having the same problem? 

Active Contributor
linnea.lukic
Message 40 of 63 (279 Views)

01-08-2014 11:22 PM in reply to: DaisySunday

Hi DaisySunday and rbdunniii,

This is an interesting one as I'v never though about if Vault is causing this problem, yes every our workstation has one of these combinations:

ACADE with Vault

Inventor Suite 2014 with ACADE and Vault

Surely Vault does not affect how ACADE works, I don't often login to Vault.  Did you mean that batchplot not working if you have Vault open at the same time?

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community