AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PARENT Symbol Defaulting to CHILD ...

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
clyons
384 Views, 2 Replies

PARENT Symbol Defaulting to CHILD ...

Using ACADE 2014 (new user).  I have  a symbol that I created named HTD1_ODT (it's an on-delay timer relay).  It is saved in my custom symbols folder.  When I use it, I get the CHILD block dialog instead of the PARENT dialog on insertion.  Not sure why this is happening since I believe it is named as a PARENT (4th char. is a 1).  Unfortunately, I really don't remember which block I used as a starting point for the new symbol (maybe it was a CHILD).  Are there specific attributes (or other metadata) that a block has when it's a CHILD that could be causing ACADE to treat this as a CHILD and not a PARENT?  Worst case, I can just re-create the symbol using a PARENT base, but if there's an easy way to fix what I have, I'd like to know how & why this is happening.  Appreciate any help.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Icemanau
in reply to: clyons

Make sure your block is using TAG1 instead of TAG2.

TAG2 brings up the child dialog box while TAG1 brings up the Parent dialog box.

Also make sure that you have added the CAT, MFG, FAMILY attributes as well.

If that fails, post the block here so we can take a look at it.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
clyons
in reply to: Icemanau

Thank you very much.  Switched to TAG1 and added the other attributes and it's now working perfectly.  This is all starting to make sense! (woops, probably shouldn't have said that Smiley Surprised!).  Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost