AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PANEL LEVEL/SEQUENCING NOT WORKING

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
1425 Views, 16 Replies

PANEL LEVEL/SEQUENCING NOT WORKING

PANEL LEVEL WIRE SEQUENCE IS NOT WORKING IN AUTOCAD ELECTRICAL-2012 ALSO.

ITS VERY DIFICULT TO WIRE SEQUENCE IN SCHEMATICS.

PLEASE UPDATE ATLEAST IN 2013 ELECTRICAL

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
rhesusminus
in reply to: 9985033364

When using Angled tee-markers, the connection order is decided by how these are drawn.

Seems to me like you're trying to connect -CR12:3, -FV7:1, -FV4:1, -FV6:1, -FV5:1 and -FV1:1 all to -CR12:1 ?

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 17
in reply to: rhesusminus

No, this is not answer to my question.

My Question is like that autocad electrical-2012 has one option in

Panel layout/panel level sequencing

but this option is not working

please see the new attachment

Message 4 of 17
rhesusminus

Sorry.. I read "wire sequencing" in your post and answered thereby.

I tried your drawing, and couldn't get it to work either. Got better results when I changed the angled tee-markes to dots, but still not correct.

Sorry that I couldn't help you more.

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 17
tonymynd

Good Morning Brother in ACADE [ACADE=AutoCAD Electrical for Short]

I'm going through some mayor pains trying to make ACADE to respect my wire sequence but just keeps doing what ever the "heaven" it wants. I help building MV Substationsor Power Houses and some of them have switchgearswith an exceding amount of 6k+ connections, and ACADE sometimes makes my job unbeareable.

Please tell me if you have been abled to use Panel Level Sequencing? is not working for me either and it would be a significan help if it could.

For example: I have a Buss Diferential Switchgear that uses GE Multilin B-90 relay computer, each B-90 has 200 hundred pins which symbols can be spread througout the entire project in other words, the schematic symbols for each of the functions of the bloody device are spread throughout 100 drawings, now you tell me which method would you prefer?

Technique 1: To painfully and very slowly "brut force" set the wire sequence on each wire network of each drawing where the childs of this prolific parent (b-90) are.

or

Technique 2: To set the Sequence Code and  Sequence Priority Level on one Drawing where the foot print of this parent (b-90) is.

Now, the second option is has not been a charm for me yet...

May The force of our Electrical Mind Be With you.

Antonio Garciarivas

Volta LLC

(832) 369 2456

Message 6 of 17
PatMurnen_Adsk
in reply to: tonymynd

There is a known issue that the Panel Level Sequencing is not working as expected and as described in the Help. This has been logged in our tracking system. I apologize for this inconvenience.

Regards,

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 17
tonymynd
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

Any progress on this? We got AutoCAD 2013 and still does not work

Message 8 of 17

I have Checked in ACADE-2013 also. yes, Still The panel level sequencing is not working.

I dont know why AUTODESK not showing interest to solve this known issue.

Message 9 of 17
tonymynd

I feel neglected by AutoDesk in this matter. From my perspective Panel Level Sequecing is a mayor ability of the software. I wish at least some clues about in how to wirte LISP code myself and make it work.

Message 10 of 17
PatMurnen_Adsk

I am looking for a few customers that use the Panel Level/Sequencing feature to understand how you make use of the current functionality and to determine the functional gaps or ways we can present the solution’s workflows more clearly.

If you are interested in participating please send me your company’s full legal name and address so I can complete the Non-Disclosure Agreement to get us started.

My direct email is pat.murnen@autodesk.com.

Pat Murnen

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 17

If some one get the solution. please share with me.

topic "PANEL LEVEL/SEQUENCING"

Message 12 of 17
tonymynd

What kind of work are you trying to perform?

Message 13 of 17

Hello,

I want the sequence as shown in the attached drawing.

Green color wire shows the sequence what I want using "PANEL
LEVEL/SEQUENCING"

Thanks,

Praveen
Message 14 of 17

is it working with LISP program...?

Message 15 of 17

exactly i want the sequencing i have shown in the GREEN color line in the attched drawing

Message 16 of 17
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

Any Update on this feature. I installed ACADE-2016 but not working here too.

Message 17 of 17
PatMurnen_Adsk

Hi,

These commands were not updated for 2016 and were removed in the 2017 release of AutoCAD Electrical. You can see which commands were removed in 2017 in this Help topic, http://help.autodesk.com/view/ACAD_E/2017/ENU/?guid=GUID-28E14776-57AC-4609-8083-6CF260F7A6FF 

Also, if you search in the 2016 Help for "The Panel Level Sequencing functionality will not be available in future releases." you will be able to see which commands are part of this.

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost