AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PANEL BOM & SYMBOL

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
acade2012
492 Views, 2 Replies

PANEL BOM & SYMBOL

Hello All,

I am having an issue with the panel BOM. when I insert the BOM there is a column labeled DESCRIPTION.  is know that column is populated by the choices on the side of the pop up box.

My issue is sometimes that does not get filled in.

My question is what is that field (DESCRIPTION) looking at?

I have the standard attributes on the symbol.  I have even added a DESC and DESCTIPTION to the symbol with no luck.

Thanks for any insite that you have.

Dennis

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
OP21
in reply to: acade2012

The DESC is the BOM database field.  DESC1, DESC2, DESC3 are the attribute fields that can be added into the symbol (block). I'm not sure whether this field can be accessed from the database (parts catalog), maybe someone else can shed some light on this if it's possible via some lisp or other method...but...

One work around that may help you is when you enter part information into the parts catalog is to copy the DESC field text into the TEXTVALS field so it will look something like this

(Ex: DESC1=abc;DESC2=def;DESC3=ghi)

[TEXTVALS]

DESC1=your part description text here;DESC2=blahblah;DESC3=etc

This way when you assign the part information to your block from the parts catalog and your block has the DESC1,2,3 attribute fields, it will display this text.  you can also play with the visibility of these attributes and this also comes in handy when filling in RATINGx fields in symbols as well...

Hope this helps!

Hope this helps!
Omar

P.S. If this did help you, remember to "Accept as Solution", so the answer can help others. "LIKES" are always welcomed and much appreciated! Thank-you.
Message 3 of 3
acade2012
in reply to: acade2012

I have found that the DESCRIPTION field in the BOM is populated from the catalog lookup MDB fields.

Thanks for your help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost