AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of Office Use

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
rkambrose
296 Views, 1 Reply

Out of Office Use

I am looking for a solution to Windows "offline files".  I have a small engineering office where we keep all our AutoCAD electrical projects on a mapped drive (NAS).  When we have to go to site I always take a laptop with me to allow me to update any changes as they are made.  Most of the time offline files does the job, however it can be hit or miss.  It can be especially frustrating if working connected to the network but decides to use the locally cached versions.  I realize this isn't specifically an AutoCAD question but was wondering how others are configured or working with this situation.  Maybe there is a simple way around this that I haven't considered.  I seem to be hung up that the projet knows the path to the drawings so having them in the same place is important.

Any suggestions or recomendations??

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
stefan.stamate
in reply to: rkambrose

You can use the "Make Available Offline" feature in Windows but it would not help with the catalogs, libraries, etc if they are on the server. The work-around for me at this point is: copy the catalogs and libraries from the server on my local PC, set up a separate wd.env file (which points to the local files) and assign it by right clicking on project name in Project Manager and choosing Settings. In the project properties I add the local search paths under the server ones but the challenge is with the menu paths which only allow for one path...

As regarding synchronizing the two databases it is a total different story as I couldn't find a solution yet and I am still surprised that Autodesk didn't do anything about it, especially nowadays when people are so mobile...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost