AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Omitting PLC IO Address Characters for Wire Numbers and Components

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
MTEE1808
590 Views, 5 Replies

Omitting PLC IO Address Characters for Wire Numbers and Components

Is there any way to omit characters from the PLC Address when the PLC IO wire number and component tags are generated?  I can go in and edit each wire number and component to make it fixed, but this is time consuming.  I am hoping there is an easier and quicker option.

Example: Remote Ethernet IO Box 1, Module 01, Address 00

PLC IO Address: RIO1[01].00

Automatic Wire Number Generated : RIO1[01].00

Desired Wire Number: RIO10100

Automatic Tag Name Generated : LSRIO1[01].00

Desired Tag Name: LS10100

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dougmcalexander
in reply to: MTEE1808

Seems like an issue with how you have your wire number format set.  Post a screen capture of your Drawing Settings>Wire Numbers tab.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 6
MTEE1808
in reply to: dougmcalexander

I am new to AutoCAD Electrical, so I expect it to be something simple.  I have had no luck trying locating the sollution so I thought I would try this.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Message 4 of 6
dougmcalexander

From that screen capture it appears to be related to the PLC addressing scheme you chose.  The [ ] is not a normal addressing scheme from the list.  You would have to manually type that in. The limit switch is being assigned the exact address, as it appears on the module.  This is normal, if you have checked the box to search for PLC address when assigning wire numbers.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 5 of 6
MTEE1808
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Thanks for helping.  I was afraid that might be the case.  I guess I will have to continue editing the components and wire numbers and setting them to the "Fixed" state.

Message 6 of 6
e.pierce

I have this same question...  When I generate a I/O addresses automatically and I choose a format like I:1/00 for example. I want my PLC components to follow that numbering system but I want to exclude the "I" and the ":"and the "/".  So a photoeye for example that is wired to input I:1/00 would be tagged "PE-100"..  Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost