AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No attribute template found: wd_ptag_addattr_comp.dwg

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
ericp-theelf
954 Views, 6 Replies

No attribute template found: wd_ptag_addattr_comp.dwg

I am running a Windows 7 laptop.

We recently upgraded from AcadE 2010 to AcadE 2013.  We do not have a CAD Admin, just the IT guys, who don't know squat (no offense to them) about AutoDesk product.  All my settings have been wacked since.  I have created a schematic and am now trying to build my Panel Layout, but the tags are not showing up and I keep getting this message. Please, how do I fix this?  Thanks in advance!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
johnq
in reply to: ericp-theelf

Hi

I have been using ACE2012 for about 20 months now,  I feel for your situation.

IMHO you have not given enough information.

I have just had an ACE fatal error that caused damage and a reinstall was necessary.  I was a bit lucky in that I had what I hoped would be a a good backup.

I assume you were using the method 2 for your borders, All my drawings and priject files were saved on a server but my ACE was on my desktop.

My employer does not backup the local "c" drive.   I have discovered that there are some critical files needed for ACE.

These files are from my desktop  Syntax omitted

c  uses <your logon>  Appdata  roaming  Autodesk

c  uses public  docs  Autodesk

c  uses <your logon>  my docs  Autodesk

After reinstalling ACE, I copied these directories back to my "C" drive and alll I lost was the the time from the last backup and the crash.

The above files were recreated with the reload and I fouund I needed to replace them with the old backup.

IT folks do not seem to understand that they crupt "all" when they reload a programme. Especially a data base driven programme like ACE.

When I created special symbols I put them in a directory away from the standard Lib folder.  ie LIB<company>  under this folder I created a Block and image folder where all my special symbols are stored.

To get access to these I created a company folder using the icon wizard menue.

Now this is where things went off the rails and the "C" backup dave the day.

The links between the images and blocks   and the ICON MENUE are saved and are restored when I reloaded the above files.

I hope youe IT backed up your "C" drive before they reloaded ACE.   With a bit of luck you may be able to recover your work.

I may be a slow learner and alll this took me a few days.   Settings in ACE still needed to be done.

If there is a better method I would like to hear from more learnered ACE users.  There always is.

Sheers  John Quigley

Message 3 of 7
ericp-theelf
in reply to: johnq

John - sadly I did not do a backup immediately preceding our install of 2013.  My most recent was about 3 months previous, but thankfully I don't think I lost too much of my work as I save all my templates/blocks etc on a network drive.  What I really need is where to I put the file mentioned above?  What directories on the local C does Autodesk recommend to be backed up for a complete restore of all ACADE settings?  Now that I have lost a significant portion of those settings, how to I get all my stuff to work again? 

Message 4 of 7
algerj
in reply to: ericp-theelf

Your panel libraries on a default install will be in:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Acade XXXX\Libs\Panel

(where XXXX will be your version like say 2013)

This is a windows 7 / vista path if you are using Win Xp then it will be in a slightly different Path.

That is where you will find "wd_Ptag_addattr_comp.dwg".

Regards,

James Alger

SolidCAD

Message 5 of 7

The first thing to check is the Panel Footprint Libraries path in the project's properties. In Project Manager right-click on the project name and select Properties. On the Project Settings tab expand the Panel Footprint Libraries section. This path is where those attribute templates normally reside. I've attached an image of mine but I've substituted a "#" where the release number should go. So if you just upgraded to a new release (and removed the libraries from the old release) then this path (and probably the Schematic Libraries as well) should be updated to point to the folder for the release you are using, in this case 2013.

My image shows the path for a default Windows 7 stand-alone install. Your path may be different. You just need to find the panel library path.

Hope this help,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 7
johnq
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

Hi

If you have not created any new templates since your last backup then the templates should be there once you find the tree that Pat has mentioned.

In my ramblings above about backup,  It is important to know where any special templates or special symbols etc are stored as AC can over write them on a re install.   I feel that AutoDESK should be more active in advising users about this.

I do not know where AutoDESK describes  'How to do a reliable Backup"  I was a hardware fixer fella on Mainfraime computers from the mid 70s to the mid 90s where backup was paramount.  

PCs have created a cavilaire attitude by IT people.  In fairness there are too many applications these days for IT to know all about all applications.

AC is different in the way it looks after customer generated symbols etc.

Cheers   JQ

Message 7 of 7
PatMurnen_Adsk
in reply to: johnq

John,

Good suggestion about Autodesk providing more information on what to backup for AutoCAD Electrical. I will log an issue in our tracker to add something in the Help about this. 

In the meantime a good topic would be the "Set up AutoCAD Electrical for multiple users". This lists a lot of files that can be customized. Another topic is "Overview of Project-related files". This topic includes folder locations.

But, I think the issue here is more about the project pointing to paths from the previous install/release. It is always a good idea to update the project's paths when you update to a new release. It is also good to have the old release still installed so you can use the Migration tool to migrate custom symbols, settings, etc.

Regards,

Pat

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost