AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
tahdesign
Message 1 of 3 (134 Views)

No Vault in Electrical????

134 Views, 2 Replies
01-01-2009 12:24 PM
I put AutoCAD Electrical 2009 on three machines that already have Inventor Suite on them with the vault client (IV/Mech/Acad). When installing electrical it indicated that it would use the currently installed Vault client but I can seem to access the vault from within Electrical. There is no menu option for the vault. AutoCAD and Mechanical have the add-in working but not electrical. The elctrical install is a stand alone separate sn install.

Any idea how i get Elec to see my vault???
Distinguished Contributor
rstein
Message 2 of 3 (134 Views)

Re: No Vault in Electrical????

01-02-2009 05:39 PM in reply to: tahdesign
More than likely you will need to put the Acad E 2009 DVD back into the computer then state that you want to install the vault client. Even though you already have it installed you did not have AutoCAD Electrical installed when you installed the Vault Client the first time. The installer did not know you needed the vault adin for AutoCAD Electrical.

I hope this helps.
Rob Stein
www.robertstein.blogspot.com
*Expert Elite*
rhesusminus
Message 3 of 3 (134 Views)

Re: No Vault in Electrical????

01-14-2009 05:06 AM in reply to: tahdesign
Hi.

You can just go to Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs
Find the Vault client and select "change". Then run the "Repair" option.
When you start AcadE now, Vault should be available.

THL

THL
Please select "Accept As Solution" if this post answers your question. Kudos don't hurt either. ;-)

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community