AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Cross Reference showing Contactor

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
sdbell
342 Views, 4 Replies

No Cross Reference showing Contactor

I have drawn a 3 pole motor contactor & on another sheet i have drawn a motor contactor coil. The problem is that the reference isn't showing on the first drawing next to the contacts. When i look at the attributes it shows where the parent is but its not displaying it. If i add a single contact somewhere it does show the reference next to it. Also when you edit the child and it allows you to pick the parent it only seems to allow you to select it if its on the same page. Is this correct or is there the option to surf for it on another drawing?

regards
Shaun
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dougmcalexander
in reply to: sdbell

Click DRAWING or PROJECT, above Parent/Sibling and below Component Tag to see a list of possible parents on the current page or in the project respectively. Try running Component Cross-reference to make sure all cross-references are updated.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 5
sdbell

I'm doing that and it grabs all the info i.e. description, cross fer etc and it is showing all the info.......except the cross ref.

regards
Shaun
Message 4 of 5
sdbell

just found out that within the hide attribute option the xref is defaulted to hidden so my next question is how do i have the default as showing.

regards
Shaun
Message 5 of 5
dougmcalexander

Edit the XREF attribute within the block itself (the .dwg file of the symbol) and set Invisible to "No" using the Properties tool. The standard ACAD properties tool.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost