AutoCAD Electrical General

Active Contributor
Message 1 of 32 (1,725 Views)

Next Sheet Number

1725 Views, 31 Replies
02-11-2009 08:57 AM
Good Morning;

The majority of my customers require their title blocks show the current sheet number, for which I utilize the %S variable. Additionally, they want the maximum number of sheets indicated, which is a standard “title block update” function, as we all know. So far easily done.

Where my challenge comes is the odd customer prefers the next sheet number to be displayed in the title block as opposed to the maximum number of sheets. Up to this point in time we have been editing that information manually. Is there a means by which to automatically “calculate” that value based upon the current sheet number or to read the next sheet number from the project database? If there is I am unable to determine what that method would be.

Any suggestions, help would be appreciated.

Doug
*Expert Elite*
Message 2 of 32 (1,725 Views)

Re: Next Sheet Number

02-11-2009 01:11 PM in reply to: DBrohm
There is a way to do this. It requires a lisp file be installed into the AcadE main program folder under program files and a special text string to be entered at the end of the WD_TB mapping attribute in your border template. You will need attributes called NEXTSHT and PREVSHT located as desired on the drawing border. I have attached the lisp file. Change the .zip extension to .lsp. Put this under Program Files\Autodesk\Acade 2008 or 2009 or whatever you are running.

Below is the text string you need to add to the end of the WD_TB attribute's value:

;PREVSHT = (if (setq x (findfile "tbnp.lsp" ))(progn(load x)(c:smileytongue:revsheet)) " ");NEXTSHT = (if (setq x (findfile "tbnp.lsp" ))(progn(load x)(c:nextsheet)) " ")

Note: When I create borders for European customers, I usually place the PREVSHT and NEXTSHT attributes inside arrows so language is not a barrier. I have an arrow pointing left on the left side of the page near the bottom to indicate previous sheet and one facing right on the right side of the page indicating next sheet.
Doug McAlexander
Independent Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical, ecscad, and promis-e implementation

Web site: www.ECADConsultant.com
Phone: (770) 841-8009

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Kudos are also much appreciated.
Active Contributor
Message 3 of 32 (1,725 Views)

02-12-2009 05:16 AM in reply to: DBrohm
First of all thank you very much for your help, the lsp file and attributes work like a charm, this will save not only myself, but my entire group of hardware designers an immense amount of time as we move forward. It has been a large number of years since I was involved in any amount of lsp programming, and even then it was minimal at best. For me to have figured that out on my own would have taken a great deal of time that I do not have. I do not wish to impose on your generosity; however, I do have one question further. What would I need to alter if I needed to have a specific character(s) shown in the “nextsht” attribute as opposed to a black on the final page of a project?

Again many thanks for your help.
Distinguished Contributor
Message 4 of 32 (1,636 Views)

12-16-2010 12:30 AM in reply to: DBrohm

Hi,

I couldn't get this "previous/nextsheet" lisp work with ACADE2011. Is it so that WD_TB allows max is 256 characters? In that case there is not much space left for other attributes...

Regards

Mako

Active Contributor
Message 5 of 32 (1,515 Views)

01-07-2011 06:01 PM in reply to: mako68

You might want to consider using the “wdt” file method of title block updating that is what we use and thus far no issues that I have found.

*Expert Elite*
Message 6 of 32 (1,501 Views)

01-08-2011 07:41 AM in reply to: mako68

It works..  Edit WD_TB with Propetties, not Attribute Editor.  Attribute Editor is limited to 256 characters but Properties is not.

Doug McAlexander
Independent Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical, ecscad, and promis-e implementation

Web site: www.ECADConsultant.com
Phone: (770) 841-8009

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Kudos are also much appreciated.
chintan0910
Message 7 of 32 (1,260 Views)

04-05-2011 11:19 PM in reply to: DBrohm

Hello Dear,

My client required Next Sheet number in the title block.

I had past tbnp.lsp file on specific location. & I had also update *.wdt file with your specified text string for NEXT SHEET. But while I am using Project-Title block setup-WD_TB att. Method- I can not get NEXTSHT in Drawing properties. So please guide me what can I do ?

Please send me the step for the process.

chintan0910
Message 8 of 32 (1,253 Views)

04-06-2011 02:51 AM in reply to: DBrohm

Hello Dear,

My client required Next Sheet number in the title block.

I had past tbnp.lsp file on specific location. & I had also update *.wdt file with your specified text string for NEXT SHEET. But while I am using Project-Title block setup-WD_TB att. Method- I can not get NEXTSHT in Drawing properties. So please guide me what can I do ?

Please send me the step for the process.

Valued Contributor
druida78
Message 9 of 32 (1,227 Views)

04-07-2011 09:18 AM in reply to: DBrohm

Hi.

What is the way to create a WD_TB mapping attribute?

Thanks.

Ernesto Fraga

I title block update without it and it works but I would like to improve.

Ernesto Fraga

Montevideo - Uruguay

Arq. Ernesto Fraga
Montevideo - Uruguay
Employee
Message 10 of 32 (1,202 Views)

04-07-2011 11:50 PM in reply to: druida78

Hi,

Does the way defined in the help document help you to create it ? I capture the screenshot and attach it.

Regards,

Kevin Li

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community