AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to electrical, only have Allen Bradley parts

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jtwalker1
2712 Views, 5 Replies

New to electrical, only have Allen Bradley parts

Installed Electrical as part of Inventor Suite, but the only Manufacturer parts that are listed are from AB, how do we add additional parts from other manufacturers?

Thanks,   I am sure I will smack myself in the head once someone tells me cause it is probably simple

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
testsubject
in reply to: jtwalker1

Don't hit yourself too hard  😉

Re-run the installation of the software and when asked for manufacturers', select all the ones that you want.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 6
jtwalker1
in reply to: testsubject

It does not give me the option, when inventor installs it installs everything with no real interaction or questions.

Message 4 of 6
brent.duncan
in reply to: jtwalker1

I'm in the process of doing the below steps right now.  I also didn't get the select manufactueres during installation.  I don't know if downloading versuses using a dvd makes the difference or not.

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACAD_E/2013/ENU/index.html?url=filesAcadE_WhatsNew/GUID-61E726C5-69C4-417A-...

During installation, you specified which manufacturer content to install. You can install additional manufacturer content later.

1. Close all instances of AutoCAD Electrical.
  2. From the Windows Control Panel select Add or Remove Programs.
  3. From the Add or Remove Programs dialog box, select the latest version of AutoCAD Electrical and click the Change/Remove button.
  4. On the AutoCAD Electrical Installation Wizard, click Add or Remove Features.
  5. On the Manufacturer Content Selection page, select all the manufacturers you wish to install. Click Next.
  6. On the Select Symbol Libraries page, click Next.
  7. Click Update.
Message 5 of 6
testsubject
in reply to: brent.duncan

That is another way to do it.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 6 of 6
jtwalker1
in reply to: brent.duncan

That took care of it.

Thank you for your help

James

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost