AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to CAD ( terminals)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
emerson99
576 Views, 2 Replies

New to CAD ( terminals)

I'm new to CAD and I have CAD2013 electrical.  My question is how are the terminal represented in CAD.  I don't quit understand the numbering and how one can represent same terminal on 2 different sheets.  For example I use 1492-L3Q.  It is a feedthrough terminal that can provide connection to 4 components.  When I place this terminal in CAD it represented only with one terminal symbol (ex. O) or I can split this terminal up in different pages and use it like parent and a child?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Icemanau
in reply to: emerson99

ACADE will only allow 1 instance of a terminal per project. Any other terminals with the same ident and tagstrip will still show as a seperate terminal.

Autodesk have yet to get around to allowing multiple copies of the same terminal which can be annoying when  you need to show the same terminal in a seperate sheet.

Numbering a terminal is fairly simple.

You have the tagstrip ID which is used to identify which terminal strip you are installing the terminal into.

Then there is the Number wich is the terminal number within that strip.

If you are using the IEC mode for taggng you also have two more attributes which can be used to identify a terminal.

These are the INST and LOC fields.

The INST (Installation) can be used to identify the panel in a multipanel board while the LOC (Location) can be used to identify the location of the terminal. Both of these are USUALLY set at the dwg level and may be set to fill in automatically. However, they can also be used to identify terminals in external locations, such as field terminals

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Message 3 of 3
robbm2k
in reply to: Icemanau

on top of Brad's comments, there is the Terminal Strip Editor, found under the Panel Layout menu, which will summarize all your terminals for you that you've listed out, based on location and which terminal strip they belong to, etc. You could use this to sum up the terminations and figure out how many terminals you actually need...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost