AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New non-Paramtric PLC modules

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dmray
320 Views, 2 Replies

New non-Paramtric PLC modules

Hello everyone.  I have a question, which I haven't been able to find a good answer for.  Myabe the experts here can point me in the right direction.

The situation is this:  Where I work, we have been using parametric PLC, and I have modified/created several to fit our needs.  But due to the layout of our schematics, it has become an ever increasing PITA to modify/break PLC modules.  What i woudl like to do is use the invidual PLC parent/child symbols.  My only problem is I want to customize them slightly so the output modules show the descriptive text on the left side of the module, rather than the right.  As anyone who creates symbols knows, when you go to modify the symbol, you have to select a type (GNR, CR, CB, etc).  I have created 1000s of symbols, but never a PLC symbol (aside from parametric).  Do I create the symbol the same way as for, say, a relay, power supply, etc, or is there another option I need ot use?  I can't find a 'PLC' type, which would make sense to me for it to be there.  I want the intelligence and capability to export the PCL metadata, so I need that functionality as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Doug (not THAT one, the OTHER one)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rhesusminus
in reply to: dmray

As far as I know, you can't use the symbol builder to create stand-alone PLC symbols.

I just insert one of the standard ones that come with AcadE, and reuse the attributes in there with my own custom graphics. Then I just Wblock the symbols to the symbol library.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 3
Nata_ly
in reply to: dmray

Maybe using PLC database file editor will help you. I am not sure this is what you look for, but you can create new blocks and edit the existing ones there.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost