AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

swaz9203
Message 1 of 3 (261 Views)

New entries not showing in catalog database

261 Views, 2 Replies
11-09-2012 07:45 AM

I have added some new part numbers to the default catalog database and can select the new entry for the block I originally clicked on to get open the database selection tool, but if I go to other blocks and try to edit the catalog information for them, the new entries do not show up. If I do a search for the catalog number, it finds it but when I click on the entry, the catalog number is missing and can't select the item. I have attached screen shots. I also noticed several other catalog entries in the table when I view in excel that do not show up in ACADE when I try to edit a block with the same family code.

Active Contributor
jdenny
Message 2 of 3 (257 Views)

Re: New entries not showing in catalog database

11-09-2012 08:01 AM in reply to: swaz9203

SWAZ,

My only similar experience was that when I have added a new item, the database seems to automatically turn on a filter....and filters it out. I would just "clear" all filters and my new part showed up correctly. See attached.

-----------------------------
Jeff Denny
Sr. Engineering Manager
Harris Corporation
Melbourne, Florida
*Expert Elite*
testsubject
Message 3 of 3 (248 Views)

Re: New entries not showing in catalog database

11-09-2012 09:28 AM in reply to: jdenny

I could see that Filter by the WDBLKNAM is checked which will hide some parts. You need to make sure that checkbox is clear. It is located in the lower lefthand side of the dialog box.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community