AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Project Location

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sdbell
130 Views, 3 Replies

New Project Location

Hi

Could anyone tell me if I can change the folder that ACE points at when i create a new project. It always seems to point to the 'Proj' folder way down in my profiles route.

Cheers
Shaun
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: sdbell

You can edit the line in the WD.ENV file, the original of which is shown below.

**************************************************************************** Project and drawing-related paths and settings
WD_PROJ,%WD_DIR%/proj/,AutoCAD Electrical default project data folder

You can change to be like this (with your own drive letter):

WD_PROJ,H:/PROJ/,AutoCAD Electrical default project data folder

You may also need to put this (H:/PROJ) into your File Support Search path. Be certain to make a backup copy in case ACE replaces the file.
Message 3 of 4
sdbell

Cheers Martin

When I have the default drawing open and i click 'save as' ACE points to a 'Personal' Folder somewhere in my profile. I can't seem to find anything in the WD.ENV file that relates to this path. Do you know if I can change this path elsewhere

Cheers
Shaun
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Do you have the PROJ folder path in your Support File Search Path? This path muxt be the same as what is in the ENV file. This is the way I am set up, and the SAVEAS defaults to my specific network project folder. If this path is in the serach path, you might try moving the reference up or down, as the location may affect the funstionality (mine is the fourth line below the AutoCAD stuff, and not the last on the list).

The "Personal" folder stuff is because ACE is "Windows Compliant". Don't even get me started on that soapbox!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost